Sell Now or Wait for Price Increases?

ladybug333

May 6, 2019
I have a few nearly-new Chanel bags that I no longer wear and aren't really my style (including a ghw lamb classic flap and so black reissue) and was planning to sell them. However, as prices are always increasing on these bags, do you think I should hold onto them for a few years and sell them in the future? I don't need the money now, so I'm thinking it could be better to wait, especially if prices keep increasing as they have been? It's possible I could even earn a profit if I hold onto them long enough?

What do you think?

The so black reissue 226 is hands down my favorite Chanel bag! I don’t sell. It will be too expensive to get them back :smile:. I have lots of Chanel
Bags and even the ones I only use rarely will be kept and passed down in my family. I never buy with the idea of ever selling anything down the road. I don’t like the idea of rotational fashion. I buy beautiful classic luxury items to keep forever.

Yeah like the other poster said, I wouldnt sell it now if you don’t need the money. Sometimes we fall out of love with our bags, then years later, we fall right back in love with the bag. You wouldn’t want to get seller’s regret.

If you have a jumbo or maxi to sell, I personally will sell that in a few years time as this size isn’t that hot now in the resale market.

Reactions: Stratford
I would hold onto those 2 bags since you do not need the money. To re-purchase them in the future, it will cost you more than what you paid for them. I find that you may change your mind in a couple years time.

Reactions: XCCX
I think it depends on whether you plan to use the money to fund another bag or not. If you are, then it’s better to sell now - the bag you’re funding toward might also increase price down the road so you might as well do it now and enjoy a bag that you will actually use. If you’re not, then agreed with previous posts, hold onto it and maybe you’ll use them again

I have a few nearly-new Chanel bags that I no longer wear and aren't really my style (including a ghw lamb classic flap and so black reissue) and was planning to sell them. However, as prices are always increasing on these bags, do you think I should hold onto them for a few years and sell them in the future? I don't need the money now, so I'm thinking it could be better to wait, especially if prices keep increasing as they have been? It's possible I could even earn a profit if I hold onto them long enough?

What do you think?

Last edited: