Sell new LV bag to buy Chanel instead?

appelonia

May 15, 2015
I bought an LV Petite Noe in Sapphire Epi about 2 months ago. It's a beautiful, durable weekend bag. Then I made the mistake of buying my first Chanel bag, and I am head over heels with Chanel. I'm wishing I'd fallen in love with Chanel before I bought the LV, because I would have bought a Chanel tote instead.

Am I nuts to be thinking of selling a brand new LV, probably at a loss, to help fund a Chanel? I hate to be fickle but I was really surprised by how wonderful the Chanel bags are.

This is definitely a first world problem! Has anyone else done something like this or thought about it?

I bought an LV Petite Noe in Sapphire Epi about 2 months ago. It's a beautiful, durable weekend bag. Then I made the mistake of buying my first Chanel bag, and I am head over heels with Chanel. I'm wishing I'd fallen in love with Chanel before I bought the LV, because I would have bought a Chanel tote instead.

Am I nuts to be thinking of selling a brand new LV, probably at a loss, to help fund a Chanel? I hate to be fickle but I was really surprised by how wonderful the Chanel bags are.

This is definitely a first world problem! Has anyone else done something like this or thought about it?
Hi Appelonia,

I buy both LV and Chanel and I use these bags for different purposes. I find the Chanel purses are more high maintenance (most of my bags are lambskin), while my LV purses are in EPI, DE, Monogram, Vernis, etc which IMO is more everyday and carefree. I though of selling my LVs but I have learned to re-love them again and I am glad I kept my LVs. I wouldn't sell my LV at too much of a loss, LV is a coveted luxury brand and if you decide to sell it, you should try to sell close to what you paid for.

I wouldn't sell my brand new bag for a loss.... Plus different bags are for different purposes, what Chanel bag is on your list now? If it's a very different style from noe, I wouldn't sell noe, because you might still want it back in the future.

if your still in love with it, don't let go. I've sold a few of my LV goods that have been sitting in my closet collecting dust. GL

Last edited:
I agree with others..... Keep the LV!! And save up for your next Chanel 😄 LV holds onto it's value so well and they are durable bags that can take daily use whereas Chanel (esp lambskin) is more high maintenance (all 4 of my Chanels are lambskin but I wouldn't have it any other way, lambskin is just TDF!!)

I wouldn't sell my brand new bag for a loss.... Plus different bags are for different purposes, what Chanel bag is on your list now? If it's a very different style from noe, I wouldn't sell noe, because you might still want it back in the future.

+1

sounds like you're being impulsive? enjoy your new LV and take some time to get more familiar w/Chanel styles, prices and etc. while you enjoy your LV bag.