Sell my black square mini?

Hikitten

O.G.
Aug 7, 2011
I want to get a beige or camel colored bag in my collection and thinking of letting go one of my black mini bags. I have a lot of black in my collection but it also works well for me. I’d like to get a little more variety by adding a light color bag. I have a few mini black bags with silver hw that can probably serve the same purpose. I’d get most money from my caviar square mini but I know I’d never be able to get my hands on it again if I ever regretted it.
I don’t use it much lately but still love it (it was my first boutique purchase in 2009)

Any suggestions on what to let go?
This is my collection plus I have a black celine trio.

and my current wishlist of bags. TIA

Attachments

• C6F0F1A4-1769-40BD-AC22-13F3D2D6DD4E.jpeg
    C6F0F1A4-1769-40BD-AC22-13F3D2D6DD4E.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 0A40F5BC-63D7-470A-8832-865B79A1CAB6.jpeg
    0A40F5BC-63D7-470A-8832-865B79A1CAB6.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 167
I would keep the square mini, like you said it would be SO hard to get back if you ever wanted it again. Even though you don't use it that often, you still love it and that's enough to not get rid of it. I have the same bag and same as you, I barely use mine since I have to downsize so much but I love it and it makes my heart sing.

I would let go of one of the reissues, maybe the camera bag (the non-flap one). I'd also consider getting rid of the bag in the top right corner that looks like a business affinity.

I just bought a Diana last week in beige lambskin and it's SO BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely love it and would suggest getting it sooner rather than later. I've been researching the price of this bag over the last 6 months and the price has gone up substantially. Last fall, you could have bought this bag for around US$1000-1500 but now it's minimum $2400 for an average to good condition one. Even from last month to now, the price has gone up a few hundred dollars. A lot more mainstream Chanel buyers (like me) are starting to be interested in vintage Chanel now with the retail price increases.

NO NO NO. Your Square is a Gem. I had the same one and regret selling it years ago. I have a lambskin one now because I never like the caviar on the newer seasonal ones. Even if Chanel came back with Caviar Minis, between price and the quality of your caviar vs. the seasonal, not worth to get again.

I would keep the square mini, like you said it would be SO hard to get back if you ever wanted it again. Even though you don't use it that often, you still love it and that's enough to not get rid of it. I have the same bag and same as you, I barely use mine since I have to downsize so much but I love it and it makes my heart sing.

I would let go of one of the reissues, maybe the camera bag (the non-flap one). I'd also consider getting rid of the bag in the top right corner that looks like a business affinity.

I just bought a Diana last week in beige lambskin and it's SO BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely love it and would suggest getting it sooner rather than later. I've been researching the price of this bag over the last 6 months and the price has gone up substantially. Last fall, you could have bought this bag for around US$1000-1500 but now it's minimum $2400 for an average to good condition one. Even from last month to now, the price has gone up a few hundred dollars. A lot more mainstream Chanel buyers (like me) are starting to be interested in vintage Chanel now with the retail price increases.

That's cheap compared to the prices we pay here for a presentable Diana now. Lol

I wouldn't sell the mini square. She's not my most used bag only because I can't use her for work but I'll bring her anywhere elss. I'm also pretty in love with her cos my heart skips a beat each time I see her. :biggrin:

Reactions: Hikitten

wow have prices on Diana’s changemuch? I know it’s picking up in popularity but that’s quiet a big jump. I think I’d love to get my hands on one. Where did you find yours? I don’t think I would want to get a new Chanel either with the price increases. Around $2400 still seems like a good deal for quality vintage Chanel.

I paid less for my square mini so you guys are right I shouldn’t let it go. Think I just need to start using her more.
Maybe I should sell my WOC, though it’s in lambskin and not in the best condition. Though I also love the leather and versatility of it. It’s a great bag to travel with. Maybe I just keep all my bags and just add a new one. Lol.

This is such a hard decision! I feel your dilemma. I have a square mini flap in black caviar also that I NEVER use! It was however my first Chanel purchase at the boutique around the time you got yours, and I know how rare it is. My phone doesn’t even fit in it anymore which is why I never use it. I still keep it because I do not want seller’s remorse. I thought about getting rid of my woc more than the square flap because the chain is too long on me. I haven’t pulled the trigger! Chanel bags are difficult to part with. Lol if I were you I would probably keep them and just add a new one.

Reactions: Hikitten
That's cheap compared to the prices we pay here for a presentable Diana now. Lol

I wouldn't sell the mini square. She's not my most used bag only because I can't use her for work but I'll bring her anywhere elss. I'm also pretty in love with her cos my heart skips a beat each time I see her. :biggrin:

Mine is in very good condition but it was also repainted (it's beige lambskin), so maybe that's why the price is like that. I did get the authenticity card and original white felt dust bag, so all in all I'm happy with it.

Caviar Dianas are a lot more expensive, I agree. Anything under $5K is a pretty good price for a caviar Diana. I saw one on eBay from a Japanese reseller for US$4300 (it's still available now) but I had budgeted US$2500 to spend max, so there was no way I could get caviar.

A few days after I bought my bag, I saw an entrupy-authenticated small Diana for US$1500 on Tradesy. It wasn't in the best condition (it had some colour transfer and rubbing on the corners) but I imagine it would be something leather surgeons can fix easily.

wow have prices on Diana’s changemuch? I know it’s picking up in popularity but that’s quiet a big jump. I think I’d love to get my hands on one. Where did you find yours? I don’t think I would want to get a new Chanel either with the price increases. Around $2400 still seems like a good deal for quality vintage Chanel.

I paid less for my square mini so you guys are right I shouldn’t let it go. Think I just need to start using her more.
Maybe I should sell my WOC, though it’s in lambskin and not in the best condition. Though I also love the leather and versatility of it. It’s a great bag to travel with. Maybe I just keep all my bags and just add a new one. Lol.

I found mine off a Japanese vintage seller on eBay. It had been repainted so that could explain the price. If you check Vestiaire Collective and Tradesy, it has the sale history of Dianas and the price has gone up a lot in the last few months. There was a local Canadian consignment shop selling Dianas and in the last 3 months, her price has gone up a few hundred for a similar size / colour / condition bag. Resellers know it's becoming very popular and people are willing to pay for it.

I like your last idea of keeping all your bags and adding a new one, especially since you don't want to have regret over selling any of them. Only sell when you absolutely need to or if you really dislike one of your bags!!

This is such a hard decision! I feel your dilemma. I have a square mini flap in black caviar also that I NEVER use! It was however my first Chanel purchase at the boutique around the time you got yours, and I know how rare it is. My phone doesn’t even fit in it anymore which is why I never use it. I still keep it because I do not want seller’s remorse. I thought about getting rid of my woc more than the square flap because the chain is too long on me. I haven’t pulled the trigger! Chanel bags are difficult to part with. Lol if I were you I would probably keep them and just add a new one.

agree about so hard to part with especially with the price increases and hard to find ones.My WOC is long for me too but I tied the chain together on the inside and now it’s the perfect length. I like the versatility with the woc.
Think I do just need to add one more...