Sell Galliera (sentimental values) to get my most desired bag TREVI??

Jun 30, 2009
Decisions decisions. My very first gift from the DB was the Mono GAlliera PM during our first christmas together. Personally I am more of a Damier/Epi girl. He knows that I've been lusting after the Trevi for quite some time now. I recently and jokingly suggested that since I don't really carry the Galliera anymore since I'm carrying my Azur NF or Damier Alma now...that I might sell the Galliera to get the Trevi. He was ok with it so hurting his feelings is not an issue.

The galliera has great sentimental values to me and it will always remind me of how much the DB really wants to make me happy :heart: even though he might not understand it or agrees with it. The thing is when we first met, he couldn't understand why one would spend close to $1400 for a purse, he thought it was insane!! Agreed most guys would think that. But he surprised me and got it for me anyways as a christmas present. I love the style but wished it was in Damier. That's the reason why it's so hard to let this bag go.

And I don't have to say much about the TREVI...just that I WANT IT and she's been my most desired bag for a couple years now.

What should I do? What would you do?

As long as you dbf don't get his feelings hurt I would say: get the bag you want and is going to use the most! You will always, always have the memories with you. With or without the bag they came with.

But as I said, make sure your dbf don't get sad if you're selling it. That was really really sweet of him :smile:

I think you should sell it and get the trevi. However this thread may get closed because they may think you are trying to sell it here:sad: I know your not-but rules are rules.

I think you should sell it and get the trevi. However this thread may get closed because they may think you are trying to sell it here:sad: I know your not-but rules are rules.

Mods...please be advised that I am NOT trying to sell anything on this thread as it is clearly stated in my original post. Just wanted to see if others were in my shoes, what they would do. Simple as that.

Thanks. :biggrin:

If you are not loving it and using it, it is better to sell it to fund something you will love and use.

I'm still very fond of it, but just notice that I don't wear it as much or grab it when I want to rotate out. I'm afraid that I might regret after letting go. I read a lot on here of that happening. I'm also the type to use all of my bags, I am not a collector and would never want to let my bags just sit in its dustbag and that is precisely what the Galliera is doing...poor thing. I'm just soooo afraid of "seller's remorse." :s

As long as you dbf don't get his feelings hurt I would say: get the bag you want and is going to use the most! You will always, always have the memories with you. With or without the bag they came with.

But as I said, make sure your dbf don't get sad if you're selling it. That was really really sweet of him :smile:

He is the best...more than I can ask for. He asked if the galliera was coming out in damier then I can sell this one to get that..but since it is not...he is totally fine with me selling to get the trevi. I'm afraid that I'll miss it too much and regret ever selling it in the first place.

Don't sell!! Just wait a little longer and the trevi will be yours!! No way are you going to get anywhere near the price your DH paid for it. Keep saving, it will be worth it!

Ladies, I am the most sentimental person I know and totally bag-crazy, but for the life of me I do not understand the sentimental attachment to a purse.

OP, Sell that purse and get something you love.

Kinda reminds me of the Gif of the Magi...when Della decides to buy her DB a chain for his pocket watch. To raise the money, she has her long hair cut off and sold to make a wig. Meanwhile, the DB sells his watch to buy Della a set of fancy combs for her hair. Although each is disappointed to find the gift they chose rendered useless, each is pleased with the gift they received, because it represents their love for one another.

The moral of the story is that your Trevi will still represent the love that your DB has for you!

See and you doubted that I was sentimental!

i would say don't sell it. right now you are lusting after the trevi and have conviced your self that you are not happy with the galliera. but once it is gone and you have had the trevi for a while, you will regret letting go of the galliera. plus it is a gorgeous bag, and im sure you can rotate between both it and the trevi. maybe try selling one of your other bags?

Ladies, I am the most sentimental person I know and totally bag-crazy, but for the life of me I do not understand the sentimental attachment to a purse.

OP, Sell that purse and get something you love.

Kinda reminds me of the Gif of the Magi...when Della decides to buy her DB a chain for his pocket watch. To raise the money, she has her long hair cut off and sold to make a wig. Meanwhile, the DB sells his watch to buy Della a set of fancy combs for her hair. Although each is disappointed to find the gift they chose rendered useless, each is pleased with the gift they received, because it represents their love for one another.

The moral of the story is that your Trevi will still represent the love that your DB has for you!

See and you doubted that I was sentimental!

you made me laugh out loud! you are quite the sentimental one! that was a beautiful story. thank you.