Sell Galliera (sentimental values) to get my most desired bag TREVI??

It's a first beautiful gift! Please don't sell it. I'm sure, your DB'll be happy to see you carry it. Trevi should be a next gift from him on another occasion like Birthday then. :love:

That may be true...he will probably get me the Trevi later as another gift but I know for sure it won't be until next year or so. And he has given me most of my collection already so I really don't want to push it for the Trevi since it will be the most expensive one thus far. I was thinking maybe if I sell the galliera and then get the trevi then that will subdue my urges for a long time :yahoo:Hey then everybody wins.

Don't sell!! Just wait a little longer and the trevi will be yours!! No way are you going to get anywhere near the price your DH paid for it. Keep saving, it will be worth it!

Sentimental values aside...What if you were in my shoes and you had the galliera and would only wear her maybe 2-3 weeks out of the year and you're lusting for the trevi, would you sell her to get the trevi? Considering you may have seller's remorse or might regret selling...would you still sell?

I say keep it. You do like the bag, it just doesn't get used that often.

To answer your question, I will never sell my frist LV bag because it holds HUGE sentimental value to me. I only use it during the summer and for a few weeks.

I'm sure your BF would rather you get a bag you love and actually use. it's not like he bought you that one for any reason except he thought you'd like it and use it. I imagine it was hard for him to spend that much $$ on "just a purse", even more so if it's just sitting in a closet!!

Buy your Trevi, girl!

i would say don't sell it. right now you are lusting after the trevi and have conviced your self that you are not happy with the galliera. but once it is gone and you have had the trevi for a while, you will regret letting go of the galliera. plus it is a gorgeous bag, and im sure you can rotate between both it and the trevi. maybe try selling one of your other bags?

I've actually sold 3 classics to fund for the trevi just a couple of months ago and had just about enough to buy one but then I had the same type of dilemma...disneyland vacation with my kids in May or the trevi. So half of the money went into the trip and the other half is still in savings.

That's one of my biggest fears...I don't want to miss her and regret ever selling her.

I'm sure your BF would rather you get a bag you love and actually use. it's not like he bought you that one for any reason except he thought you'd like it and use it. I imagine it was hard for him to spend that much $$ on "just a purse", even more so if it's just sitting in a closet!!

Buy your Trevi, girl!

I'm walking out the door to buy her right now! j/k hahaha not yet but very good point.

OP, I feel your pain.... hence there's a saying "you don't know the value of something until you lose it",right? But hey, life is short and I believe that holding it maybe good for sentimental value reason however if TREVI is what will makes you happy, I would say sell and never look back! Always Look onto the brighter side...

I would start out fresh by selling the Galliera and getting the Trevi. You will still have those sentimental feelings towards the Trevi. Just think how much love your bf put in towards your FAV bag!

I wouldn't sell it. My boy purchased my coach bag when we were working part time and in college so it was a big deal. He saved his checks for a month to get me that bag. I have gotten rid of every other coach bag except this one.

I recently moved and when he pulled it out he smiled. Even though I don't wear it, it means the world to him that I wouldn't trade in our memories and his hard work for any amount of money.

I think you should get your Trevi. My bf does not understand my obsession for purses, but I know when he buys me something expensive (jewelry or purse) he loves when I use it. I am sure your hubby will appreciate using an expensive purse, rather than having it sit in your closet.

The love with which he bought the bag will remain in his eyes every time you look into them, it will not be IN the bag.
Id say get the bag you really want, and keep the love and the man! ;)

I understand why you're sentimental. Still I say sell the Galliera to help fund the Trevi. Once you get the Trevi, you won't think twice about that Galliera. I didn't after I sold mine :yes:

If you're worried about seller's remorse and think you might regret it, then I wouldn't sell it. Yes the Trevi is your dream bag, but will it be special enough to replace your attachment to the Galliera?