Selfridges.com nightmare ... haaalp!

msgee19

Apr 27, 2013
Hi lovelies,

Hoping to get your help/advice ... and maybe rant a little.

I've found it literally impossible to order from selfridges.com !!! A few days ago, I bought the Loewe Avenue in Primary Red and got a confirmation email. A few hours later, I got another email from Selfridges saying that because my billing and delivery addresses didn't match, they could not complete the order (HUH? Have you ever heard of secondary card holders? Or buying gifts for people? I have NEVER had a transaction denied because of the addresses not matching.) I contacted customer service and they told me to try the order again. So I did. But ever since that first time, when my order actually went through, I haven't been able to complete it on the site ... like, I'll get to the part where I finish entering my credit card details and then I'll get an error page. All in all, I've tried 8 different times using my American Express card and another 2 times using VISA. I've sent 3 emails to Selfridges and about a hundred messages to their Facebook account. They keep saying ridiculous things like, "Use Chrome" or "Clear your cart and try again" ... and I've tried all of those things!!

I'm just worried it will sell out before I figure something out ... There were 3 available on selfridges.com when I first tried ordering 4 days ago, but now the site says there are only 2 in the Primary Red. Uh oh! In other news, I'm from Canada and have not been able to find this bag *in this particular colour* from any Canadian retailer (checked Nordstrom, Saks, Holt Renfrew and SSENSE.com). What's a girl to do???

Hi!

Deleting your browser's history and cache might help to be able to check out again. This is not that uncommon at all, sometimes browsers get clogged.

But this will not help with the other issue. Is it your first order on selfridges.com? A lot of retailers require at least the first order to be shipped to the billing address of the CC. But normally the shop system wouldn't have let you check out in first place, unless the addresses matched. But maybe they do some secondary screening of their orders and something caused a red flag...

I don't shop with selfridges.com - isn't it possible to place your order via phone? So they can manually override the shop system if necessary?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Reactions: PJW5813 and lulilu
Hi!

Deleting your browser's history and cache might help to be able to check out again. This is not that uncommon at all, sometimes browsers get clogged.

But this will not help with the other issue. Is it your first order on selfridges.com? A lot of retailers require at least the first order to be shipped to the billing address of the CC. But normally the shop system wouldn't have let you check out in first place, unless the addresses matched. But maybe they do some secondary screening of their orders and something caused a red flag...

I don't shop with selfridges.com - isn't it possible to place your order via phone? So they can manually override the shop system if necessary?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Thank you for your advice, Oliver! I'll try those things!

I agree that it seems like a computer/browser/site problem.
I have found that one site I want to use never works using Safari and it would not let me complete using Firefox two days ago.

If you wanted shipping to a different address than your billing address,
although it us inconvenient to you, it is protecting your interests,
especially as you are wanting to buy and ship from abroad.
It's like in the old days of cheques, sometimes shops might query your signature
- inconvenient or embarrassing it might have been, but it was protecting your interests.

My first order from Selfridges went through without a hitch despite my billing address and shipping adress being different (in fact different countries!). So it is allowed.