Selfish Neighbors

Sep 14, 2007
I have just about had it with the parking situation in my apartment building. I live in a small building with 12 parking spaces. Apparently, only 11 people are supposed to have parking. There was some sort of a law change stating that someone in the small apartment would have one. That means 12 cars cramped in what is supposed to be room for 11 cars.
I came home tonight at 10 PM and I'm not always here but that doesn't mean that the two people have who have spaces next to mine have to hog my entire parking spot. One apartment is actually vacant. So the guy next to that spot has been nice enough to move over so there's more room for me and my neighbor who parks her enormous SUV. She had the audacity to park on the line of my spot even though he gave her a ton of space on his side as to provide more room for both of us. I tried parking for about 20 minutes to the point where I was thinking it might be a bad idea that I had my car running for so long in an enclosed parking garage! There was ZERO space for me to even get out and I had centimeters on either side of my car to try to squeeze in (which was not happening). I gave up.
I'm just pissed. Where's the consideration? I love my apartment but really think the parking spaces need to be changed (ie. take the spot away from the guy who was never supposed to have one) and people need to be more considerate. Sorry for my rant...i'm tired and I'm just upset that others aren't so thoughtful. Has anyone successfully changed condo laws before?

I competely understand your situation. I used to live in a condo setting and HATED parking my SUV. I'm not too sure what kind of cars they had in mind...lol. And yes, some people are absolutely clueless and don't even bother parking closer to the vacant stall next to them. I'd take a picture and talk to management about the parking situation. Have you talked to your neighbors to see what they feel about the current parking situation? Good luck!

I came home tonight at 10 PM and I'm not always here but that doesn't mean that the two people have who have spaces next to mine have to hog my entire parking spot. my neighbor who parks her enormous SUV. She had the audacity to park on the line of my spot even though he gave her a ton of space on his side as to provide more room for both of us.

The evil side of me would tell you to park your car RIGHT BEHIND hers.:devil:

(I wouldn't actually suggest it but it's fun to think about!)

I think you should go to the leasing office, tell them what's going on, ask them if they can take care of the situation.

I have a confession to make: the person parking next to me thought they could come in diagonally and hog a bunch of my space (they had a mustang, not even a big car). Twice, I didn't have enough room to come out of the driver's side door and had to crawl over to the passenger seat! So after the second time I had enough and called the police and *someone* got a parking ticket for parking in two spots. :whistle:
Not sure if this is possible where you are, but my parking neighbor sure did stay in their spot after that.

Do you know her? If so, you could talk to her first to pay more attention when parking.
Or you can take a revenge and park half on yours and half on her space:P but its risky because maybe she won't get it and just get angry and do some damage to your car.

If her car is parked to where her drivers side door is on your side then try to back in so close that she cant get in her car. That would give her a hint that she is in your spot and YOU are taking your spot. Subtle hint :graucho:

^I must confess that I've done that. It didn't work, though. The same person parked completely crooked the next night and blocked me in. I called the police, who promptly towed the car away. Oops...

The evil side of me would tell you to park your car RIGHT BEHIND hers.:devil:

(I wouldn't actually suggest it but it's fun to think about!)

I think you should go to the leasing office, tell them what's going on, ask them if they can take care of the situation.

I actually did this before. Someone took my parking spot and we have a tandem parking spot where you could actually park behind the car. So I parked there and after ~30 mins the guy who owned the car came out and he's trying to squeeze his car left and right to get out LOL I finally went out and move my car because I don't want him to do anything to my car. He apologized and never parked in my parking spot again :P

Oh and I will never suggest to park too close to other car because they could scratch your car if they're not happy.

I have a confession to make: the person parking next to me thought they could come in diagonally and hog a bunch of my space (they had a mustang, not even a big car). Twice, I didn't have enough room to come out of the driver's side door and had to crawl over to the passenger seat! So after the second time I had enough and called the police and *someone* got a parking ticket for parking in two spots. :whistle:
Not sure if this is possible where you are, but my parking neighbor sure did stay in their spot after that.

ROFL! now this sounds like a good idea to me....I didn't think it was even possible until I read this!!!!!

Our parking lot is inside a garage. I realize I left the most important part out. The girl with the huge SUV next to me is actually the super's girl friend possibly future wife. She has one of the apartments now. He owns two. He came downstairs as I was about to back out....i wound up parking in the spot someone else told me was empty for the night. I told him the situation and he said "yeah our spots are really small". Either way, I was really upset because it was kind of late and I was tired and the next day I noticed she made a point to park way further away. I have to be super sure I'm nowhere near her car (not that I ever am) and hopefully she will keep to her side. Thanks for all the advice guys.

My old condo's lot had tight parking spaces, too. We had numbered and assigned spaces so that part was OK. But the guy who parked next to me didn't pay attention when he got out of his car. So he dinged the paint off my car several times. He said he would pay for it to get fixed but never did. Then he moved. :mad:

Parking lots are worse. Real estate owners get zero money out of free lots so they use only the smallest amount of open land for them and put in tiny spaces, marking all but a few spaces "compact."

I came back to my car one day after lunch and saw that some guy (def a guy cuz of the stuff in the car) had left me no room to get in on the driver's side.

I had recently fallen hard because of being tripped by a dog I was fostering and had painful bruises on my hips and thighs. I knew crawling over the gear shift would hurt. A lot.

So before I crawled into the car, I took out my lipstick and wrote PARKING PIG in huge fat letters on his windshield. (Lipstick is really hard to get off.) It took the rest of the lipstick in my tube to do it.

But it felt great!

I have a temper. Can you tell? :angel:

My old condo's lot had tight parking spaces, too. We had numbered and assigned spaces so that part was OK. But the guy who parked next to me didn't pay attention when he got out of his car. So he dinged the paint off my car several times. He said he would pay for it to get fixed but never did. Then he moved. :mad:

Parking lots are worse. Real estate owners get zero money out of free lots so they use only the smallest amount of open land for them and put in tiny spaces, marking all but a few spaces "compact."

I came back to my car one day after lunch and saw that some guy (def a guy cuz of the stuff in the car) had left me no room to get in on the driver's side.

I had recently fallen hard because of being tripped by a dog I was fostering and had painful bruises on my hips and thighs. I knew crawling over the gear shift would hurt. A lot.

So before I crawled into the car, I took out my lipstick and wrote PARKING PIG in huge fat letters on his windshield. (Lipstick is really hard to get off.) It took the rest of the lipstick in my tube to do it.

But it felt great!

I have a temper. Can you tell? :angel:

LMAO at "Parking Pig" :nuts: