Seeking Pre-Loved Lindy 30 Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegirlwhoflies

The Girl Who Flies
O.G.
Oct 8, 2009
Hi Friends!

A quick question for those stopping by this thread. I've been in the market for a Lindy 30 now for a few months in a red shade (Rouge H had been my original preference), and after searching around for awhile I've seen this one pop up on the pre-loved market for what I think might be a good price? It would be my first Hermes purchase after predominately swimming in the Chanel pool, so I'm hoping you might be able to lend me your opinions, experience and advice.

The bag is a 30 in Rouge Casaque (not sure if its Togo or Clemence?), Palladium hardware and is listed for $6,900 AUD (so roughly $4,800 USD). It's from 2009 and listed in 'excellent' pre-loved condition, 9.1 out of 10. It comes with the original box and dustbag.

Considering the photos below, and taking into account the age of the bag, do you think I should snap her up or keep looking? The colour looks a little less vibrant than other Rouge Casaque's I've seen elsewhere online, or does the shade differ slightly over the year

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bboy_lau
Hi Friends!

A quick question for those stopping by this thread. I've been in the market for a Lindy 30 now for a few months in a red shade (Rouge H had been my original preference), and after searching around for awhile I've seen this one pop up on the pre-loved market for what I think might be a good price? It would be my first Hermes purchase after predominately swimming in the Chanel pool, so I'm hoping you might be able to lend me your opinions, experience and advice.

The bag is a 30 in Rouge Casaque (not sure if its Togo or Clemence?), Palladium hardware and is listed for $6,900 AUD (so roughly $4,800 USD). It's from 2009 and listed in 'excellent' pre-loved condition, 9.1 out of 10. It comes with the original box and dustbag.

Considering the photos below, and taking into account the age of the bag, do you think I should snap her up or keep looking? The colour looks a little less vibrant than other Rouge Casaque's I've seen elsewhere online, or does the shade differ slightly over the years?

View attachment 5803206View attachment 5803207View attachment 5803208View attachment 5803209View attachment 5803210View attachment 5803211View attachment 5803212View attachment 5803213View attachment 5803214View attachment 5803215
The leather is Clemence. Since the bag is from 2009, the colour definitely cannot be Rouge Casaque. This is Rouge Vif in my view. I would make sure to have a good idea of the condition of the handles, since these pictures do not show them very well. Check for splitting of the resin, loose stitching, and darkening.

The leather is Clemence. Since the bag is from 2009, the colour definitely cannot be Rouge Casaque. This is Rouge Vif in my view. I would make sure to have a good idea of the condition of the handles, since these pictures do not show them very well. Check for splitting of the resin, loose stitching, and darkening.
Yes! Totally agree with asking for close up photos of the handles and resin glazing as those are prone to a lot of wear in a lindy. While you’re at it, I’d also ask for close up photos of the zipper pull (encircled in your photo below) on both sides as those split after a while. Lindy’s such a beautiful bag, I hope you find yours!

Reactions: thegirlwhoflies
Fantastic advice, thank you! I think you might be right about the colour too, it definitely doesn't look vibrant enough to be Casaque.

• Love
Reactions: r luvs h
I'm still going back and forth over this bag. After looking into the seller, they're definitely reputable, and the bag comes with an authenticity certificate from Entrupy which makes me feel comfortable. The fact that they're in Australia as well means no sales tax +.postage fees etc. I've also just asked for more info on the handles and the glazing.

I'm curious though, being certain that it's not Rouge Casaque, is that because it wasn't in the colour palate that particular season? If I purchase it I'll have it reauthenticated with Bababebi so I can get a definitive answer on the colour, Because I'd hate to not be sure.

I would pass, if it's not sold by a trusted platform but through IG.
Concerning the seller not knowing exactly the color name : that might happen, everyone isn't as fond of the brand as we are or the seller just owns several reds.
And to be fair, some of the reds are so close in colour, especially under different lighting etc. I'm still strongly considering buying it but if I do I'll have it evaluated by Bababebi so I can be sure about the colour. It would annoy me not to know lol.

Yes! Totally agree with asking for close up photos of the handles and resin glazing as those are prone to a lot of wear in a lindy. While you’re at it, I’d also ask for close up photos of the zipper pull (encircled in your photo below) on both sides as those split after a while. Lindy’s such a beautiful bag, I hope you find yours!
Thank you! I'm still looking, but I keep coming back to this one. Reds are so individual. I want a red that doesn't have a pink undertone, a true red which is proving hard to find on the pre-loved market right now.

I'm still going back and forth over this bag. After looking into the seller, they're definitely reputable, and the bag comes with an authenticity certificate from Entrupy which makes me feel comfortable. I do not know who the seller is, so I have no reason to doubt (or trust) their credibility. The fact that they're in Australia as well means no sales tax +.postage fees etc. I've also just asked for more info on the handles and the glazing. Very good.:flowers:

I'm curious though, being certain that it's not Rouge Casaque, is that because it wasn't in the colour palate that particular season? Hermès reds can be tricky to determine accurately due to shade variability between different dye batches. Nonetheless, there was no Rouge Casaque in 2009, so the colour of this Lindy cannot be Rouge Casaque. I determined Rouge Vif based on what I can see in these pictures, though Rouge Garance may also be an option depending on the accuracy of the lighting. The only way to be absolutely sure about the colour is by sending it to Hermès. If I purchase it I'll have it reauthenticated with Bababebi so I can get a definitive answer on the colour, Because I'd hate to not be sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegirlwhoflies
Status
Not open for further replies.