• Patent 2.55

• Patent Chevron

• Vintage Patent Jumbo

• Vintage Chevron

Results are only viewable after voting.

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
My Chanel collection currently consists of WOCs, minis, a hobo, and totes. I am cleaning out my closet to try to raise funds to add a classic flap bag to the mix and am trying to decide between the following:

1. New patent 2.55
2. Patent Chevron from Spring/Summer collection (if still available)
3. Vintage patent jumbo
4. Vintage Chevron (if I can find one)

Any of the above would be in black, or possibly red, since I like to get a lot of use out of my bags. This is not something I necessarily see using immediately since I have twin toddlers, but I can definitely see using it in the future. So, I want something that will be classic and can be used for years to come.

Also, if you happen to know of any vintage chevron available, let me know. I have seen a few reveals in this forum and they are beautiful!

Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Jennifer

lady70113, for some reason, I always like a little twist on the classic which is why I like the Chevron or a patent bag. While the caviar is the most practical, I have found patent very durable as well. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Has your tweed petals arrived yet? Still waiting for mine.

Jennifer

how about the vintage patent jumbo? that would be a nice addition to your collection, with the large cc..yes i agree, patent is durable..its next in line to caviar..lamb would be third as to durability that is

it's suppose to arrive today... I'm waiting impatiently for it! I agree on having a twist on a classic, I returned my jumbo caviar 2 months ago bc everytime I went shopping, I saw several people carrying the same bag and I like things to have a story... then I would go for the new patent 2.55 either in black or red if available. For me, I'm waiting for the rest of the fall collection to arrive, for sure my next purchase would be a patent flap during incircle Oct, gives me time to break in my new baby :smile: Let me know what you think of the large petals flap too! Honestly, I'm not a fan of the accordian/hobo version of the bag.

Edelweiss

Thanks, bevyofpurses. I am tracking a couple of vintage patent jumbos on ebay. I love the quality of vintage and the big gold CCs are such a great feature of the bag. I feel it makes it more unique and special. And, prices tend to be better as well. You have some great vintage bags! I think with all of the price increases, I am starting to lean more and more towards vintage once I cross a couple more items off my list.

Edelweiss, have you seen the tote/hobo yet? I am waiting to see it IRL before deciding whether to stick with the flap or exchange for the tote. My NM does not have any Tweed Petals right now. They sold out of lambskin and patent has not yet arrived.

Jennifer

I would definitely get a vintage if you can grab one at a reasonable price!!! They always seem to be going up and becoming less and less available!! GL!

jennifer: how long ago did you order your tweed petals??? Mine just came in and I'm so mad right now bc of how they shipped it it's ridiculous! On a positive note... the bag is so beautiful, very delicate indeed. I love love love the contrast between the red and black. Let me know when yours comes in, mine was delivered w/o its box... hence my frustration on a thread I just posted... I'm so so mad about that! how you not gonna have a chanel box for a 3300+ bag??? plus lambskin??

edelweiss

Last edited:
like u, i have no classic flaps in my collection. tend to go for the same bags you go for... but when i saw the patent chevron.... my heart melted. love it! i think u should go for that...vintage or new.... they are just sooo :drool: