Seeking Opinions: Celine, Proenza, Gucci or Suggestions?

chantal

♥
Jan 15, 2006
I am hoping to buy a new purse something cross-body, and in black. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what I would like.

Celine Large Trio
Proenza Schouler PS11 Mini
Gucci Disco

I currently own the Gucci disco in a orange so I feel it's silly to repeat bags. I worry the Celine and Proenza Schouler were so trendy for awhile that they will seem tiring quickly?

Any other bags anyone can suggest? Which bag do you love?

Well, in my opinion Proenza Schouler is not trendy, I actually think their bags are pretty understated and timeless. I love the PS11 Mini. But, I also absolutely adore the Gucci Disco and think it the most versatile little bag. Even if you already have it in Orange, I don't think there's anything wrong with having multiples of the same bag if you love it. My only other suggestion to maybe add to the mix is the Chloe Mini Marcie crossbody. It's a very easy, effortless little bag.

I love my Celine Trios, they are simple and compact yet roomy and hold a lot.
However you might want to reconsider as their straps might be fragile (it really depends - some say the strap is so prone to cracking, some don't have that problem) and breakable.

I would also like to suggest - what about Valentino?

I love the ps11 look but I find it a bit in the heavier side. The disco and trio are MUCH lighter bags, FYI. All three are great choices but id go with the disco. The trio looks best flat and a little funny when lumpy from things inside of it.

I vote for the PS11 of these, because it is the most interesting. You might also look into Fendi. The petite 2jours and peekaboo are both lovely bags. The by-the-way is another option.