Seeking Malesherbes

alisaxlee

Alexa is Kinda Fancy
Sep 26, 2010
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this...

I collect the LV Malesherbes, sometimes referred to as the LV Kelly bag. I have eight so far: black epi, toledo blue epi, red epi (the earlier red), tassil yellow epi, borneo green epi, kenyan fawn epi, monogram & damier.

I've been searching for more information on exactly what colors were produced and I haven't had much luck. I read on the forum here that someone purchased one in mandarin epi, but I have yet to even see a picture of one that color. I also know that they have been available for special order in exotic skins.

Is there any way to track down exactly what colors were produced? Is it a matter of finding a catalog from the 90s?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Honestly, I have no idea. I tried looking on eBay but the only colors I found you already have. I kind of commented to tell you that I, and I'm sure many others are very excited to see a picture of your Malsherbes collection. so unique.

Thanks Subbz! I love my collection. To me, there's just something so classic about the Malesherbes... I like the structure and simplicity. I can't wait until I get my new camera. My bag collection thread really needs to be updated!

HI, I used to work for LV from 1986/2001 and I personally own the Borneo green. Ialways thought the Malesherbes to be such a "Chic" bag. What a wonderful thing to collect! Mine is in mint condition and here is a small tidbit for you on the history of the Malesherbes. When it was originally designed it came with a longer handle. Mine has the longer handle. They then decided to modify it and brought the handle down a bit to be in better proportion with the bag, however I think the longer handle is a bit "Chicer"...as for the colors you are spot on about the epi range and the Damier and mono. and the special order alligator ones were divine! I left the company in 2001, and up to that time, the choices you mentioned were all that were available.....enjoys your bags!:smile:

HI, I used to work for LV from 1986/2001 and I personally own the Borneo green. Ialways thought the Malesherbes to be such a "Chic" bag. What a wonderful thing to collect! Mine is in mint condition and here is a small tidbit for you on the history of the Malesherbes. When it was originally designed it came with a longer handle. Mine has the longer handle. They then decided to modify it and brought the handle down a bit to be in better proportion with the bag, however I think the longer handle is a bit "Chicer"...as for the colors you are spot on about the epi range and the Damier and mono. and the special order alligator ones were divine! I left the company in 2001, and up to that time, the choices you mentioned were all that were available.....enjoys your bags!:smile:

hi, was there ever a time when the malesherbes had no date codes?

Hi jshanghailil! Oh, the borneo green is striking, isn't it? That's very interesting about the handle! I was wondering about that, as my tassil yellow bag does indeed have a longer handle. I believe it is the oldest of my malesherbes bags, possibly from 92-95. Thank you so much for sharing that!

hi, was there ever a time when the malesherbes had no date codes?

Hi Chrstyle! The Malesherbes were made by Louis in the 90s, so at that point, the bags have the standard datecodes. They're actually still available as a special order, and I'm not sure how datecodes work in special order bags. If you find one you're interested in (maybe you already have since you replied to this a while ago!) you can always have the ladies in the 'Authenticate this LV' take a look at it. They've helped me many a time. :smile:

Hallo alisaxlee,

there were no other colours than you have, I looked at a catalogue from 1993.

Hi Roxi! Thank you so much for checking for me. A LV SA told me the same thing recently. I have to say I'm a little disappointed, as I was really holding onto hope for the Mandarin! But it is exciting that my collection of the standard bags is finished. Thanks again for the reply.