Seeking Info/Opinions: Black Patent Wallet

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    Hello there, YSL aficionados,

What can you tell me about this black patent leather wallet of YSL's? It's not on their e-store. Does anyone know if it has a special name/style?

How does the patent leather hold up, in particular to key scratches?

Any ideas on the price?

Feel free to give your personal opinions too. :smile:

I've always fancied the super sleekness of YSL, and this looks pretty awesome from the picture.

Thank you!

Picture: ysl.com

Attached Files:

2. #2 Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    This indeed is a beutyful wallet. I saw another in online YSL store in black and navy leather, which seems like the identical shape, for $275. It could be that, like for the women's wallets, same shape would be the same price for various leathers (if it is not ostrich).

I adore YSL patent on small accessories (I have not had a courage to get a large bag in patent yet, but that's me :shrugs:).

I have few Y-mail wallets and cosmetic case in patent - not only that it is durable forever, but also so beautiful with grainy texture. It shows no fingerprints, it has a modest elegant shine - not glossy, mirror-like. In black, there is no worries for color transfer and dirty corners...my favourite small leather option.

As a comparison, I have men's Prada envelope wallet/coin purse done in amazing patent brushed leather, but every time I touch it, I have an urge to clean it from finger marks, it is a bother indeed....that is why I took saffiano after...and then discovered this amazing patent from YSL.

My keys are all over the bag and I already have marks on the back of Prada, and another leather card case (Hayden Harnett), but nothing appeared on YSL patent ever.

[​IMG]

versus

[​IMG]

and slightly visible key scratches on Hayden Harnett leather

[​IMG]

Attached Files: