Seeking Advise: A BBK Dilemma

Your BBK is stunning!!
I own a 28 retourne BBK, love it to pieces. I use it as a daily bag (I rotate bags often) & I have three kids, ages 17 months to 5 years. Life is too short not to use. Box leather ages beautifully. However if your not feeling it, maybe you should sell. Maybe it's the size. I did have a black box birkin 35 & for some reason it didn't work for me so I sold it. However the 28 I love!!!! I dress very casual most days. I attached a few pics. My BBK has been used a lot and still looks amazing.
View attachment 3637324
View attachment 3637325

OMG! This is me! Hahaa I love my BBK but not so much my BBB 35... So it has been sitting in the box... Not loved at all... :sad:

Reactions: dreambag7767
Your BBK is stunning!!
I own a 28 retourne BBK, love it to pieces. I use it as a daily bag (I rotate bags often) & I have three kids, ages 17 months to 5 years. Life is too short not to use. Box leather ages beautifully. However if your not feeling it, maybe you should sell. Maybe it's the size. I did have a black box birkin 35 & for some reason it didn't work for me so I sold it. However the 28 I love!!!! I dress very casual most days. I attached a few pics. My BBK has been used a lot and still looks amazing.
View attachment 3637324
View attachment 3637325

love your twilly choice, it goes really well with the black!

Your BBK is stunning!!
View attachment 3637324
View attachment 3637325

Nadineluv such a beautiful BBK! I have to agree that the size is sometimes an issue but It's not really that much bigger than my Prada safiano. Only taller by and inch or so. I love how you have younger children and have decided to still use the bag. My kids are heading to college so I have no spills or sticky hands to deal with anymore, no excuses!

My navy-box Kelly is my everyday bag, and I must say once you use it for a few days, you will stop worrying. Just tell yourself you have to use it for a week straight. It is a beautiful bag, nothing like box. I used to be afraid of box, and now it is the leather that makes up the majority of my bags, and they all have scratches, and I don't care anymore, bc nothing beats the beauty and lightness and elegance of box.

Love the idea of using it for a week straight. I'm actually looking forward to getting a few dings and scratches so I get past the pristine look and go more casual.

Reactions: marbella8
I can totally relate. I got a new 35 cm BBB 3 years ago and have hardly ever used it...one of the days I did use it, it rained and my bag got water 'blisters' which thankfully faded away overnight. At a recent trip to FSH a SA recommended putting cream on the bag and to use it...so that is what I have done and am now waiting for the perfect day to take the bag out. Enjoy your Kelly... it is an amazing bag and it would be a shame to let it sit in a cupboard.

Your BBK is stunning!!
View attachment 3637324
View attachment 3637325

Sooooo gorgeous! Love your boots, too!

Here's the long and the short of my dilemma. I have lusted after a BBK 35 for what seems like eternity. My wonderful DH bought me one (pre-loved) for Christmas two years ago. I'm in love!! She is my HG and the most beautiful bag I've ever seen. Fast forward to today... I feel paralyzed by this bag! I've used it maybe a handful of times. Mostly because she was in pristine condition and I'm utterly afraid to damage her. I have a casual lifestyle but have many occasions to use this bag, nevertheless I always come up with an excuse not to bring it out. Can anyone relate?? And if so how do I bust through this feeling and just enjoy the bag?
I have a bbk and can relate but just remember that you can polishbyiur bag and that the patina will only grow more beautiful over time.
Enjoy!!

I can totally relate. I got a new 35 cm BBB 3 years ago and have hardly ever used it...one of the days I did use it, it rained and my bag got water 'blisters' which thankfully faded away overnight. At a recent trip to FSH a SA recommended putting cream on the bag and to use it...so that is what I have done and am now waiting for the perfect day to take the bag out. Enjoy your Kelly... it is an amazing bag and it would be a shame to let it sit in a cupboard.

Did your SA recommend a specific cream?

I know how you feel. I have box, swift and sombrero now. All will acquire a patina. But I'm resolved to use them. I personally wouldn't put any aftersale product on my bag to try to protect it. If Hermes thought there was something that would help to protect the bag they would have put it on themselves. I do use the raincoats. I keep one in the bottom of each of my bags.

I know how you feel. I have box, swift and sombrero now. All will acquire a patina. But I'm resolved to use them. I personally wouldn't put any aftersale product on my bag to try to protect it. If Hermes thought there was something that would help to protect the bag they would have put it on themselves. I do use the raincoats. I keep one in the bottom of each of my bags.

That's a good point, PP! I have never treated any bag, of any brand, until I got my first box Kelly. That one, I "DocRided." I think this forum has made me paranoid. :confused1: Rightfully, so? Maybe? I don't know. But these bags existed for many years before the protective products did, I think. I carry an Envirosax bag in my bag all the time because of local laws that require you to pay for bags from merchants, so maybe having that as protection from the elements should be enough.