Seeking advice on non padded cassette bag

Jul 27, 2010
I decided to get my first non padded cassette bag and I love both camping and caramel Color. Both my friend and Bottega SA encouraged me to go for camping Color because it’s dark Color and a very unique green that won’t be easily seen by other brand
However when I decided to go ahead, the store only has 2 units (display and new). Both leather also can see a clear line on the leather. SA said it’s due to joint part and not all Color has this issue
Can I ask the existing owner of non padded cassette, do you see yours having same issue?
now I have 3 options
1) go with the camping and accept the issue
2) go with the caramel because I quite like this Color too but I have many tan Color bags in my collection which always my fav Color
3) wait for next Shipment of camping Color to check again
Thanks for all the advice

C8AC50C9-ABCB-4654-AEAA-45D3914BF614.jpeg

C80A9952-DFCF-47A6-986F-A855284D047E.jpeg

80774505-7904-4113-ACBE-1383DEF1964E.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine is more opinion than advice. I love Camping in this bag. I do not see the line as a flaw, and hardly notice it. If I were buying for myself, I would go for the Camping.

However, Caramel is one of my favorite BV colors. I tend to prefer Caramel in silhouettes like the Jodie and the Pouch. That's just my personal preference, however.

You already have similar color tones to Caramel in your collection, but if you think you will wear the Caramel Cassette more often that is something to consider. Camping is a great neutral, yet you don't see it often. Do you see Camping working with the rest of your wardrobe easily?

I own the non-padded Cassette in Dark Red, which is a patent-like finish. No lines are visible on it, but I think that is due to the finish.

Reactions: crazybagfan
Mine is more opinion than advice. I love Camping in this bag. I do not see the line as a flaw, and hardly notice it. If I were buying for myself, I would go for the Camping.

However, Caramel is one of my favorite BV colors. I tend to prefer Caramel in silhouettes like the Jodie and the Pouch. That's just my personal preference, however.

You already have similar color tones to Caramel in your collection, but if you think you will wear the Caramel Cassette more often that is something to consider. Camping is a great neutral, yet you don't see it often. Do you see Camping working with the rest of your wardrobe easily?

I own the non-padded Cassette in Dark Red, which is a patent-like finish. No lines are visible on it, but I think that is due to the finish.
I like camping Color also sure it can easily match with all my outfit. And yes this is a unique Color not in my collection yet. Whereas caramel or similar Color tone bag I think I have 3-4 in my collection

Reactions: Evergreen602