Seeing His Family...What Should I Wear?

KlassicKouture

Sofa King Haute
Oct 30, 2009
Hey ladies!

My boyfriend's graduating with his Master's degree (so happy for him :yahoo:) this Spring and a ton of his relatives will be coming to town for the big day.

His older sister used to be my friend on Facebook until she and her brother had a huge fight about a photo of me in an outfit I wore to a picnic (shorts that stopped just above my knees and a short-sleeved top, not too tight). The problem is, I'm a curvy girl (size 8) and even a perfectly modest outfit can look a bit sexy on me. My boyfriend defended me, but that caused them to not speak for months. They've since forgiven one another.

I haven't seen his sister in over a year, the graduation will be the first time.

Can anyone suggest any outfits I can wear that will be cute and fashionable, but also be decent to wear in front of his family? (and not cause another fight LOL) I'd love to wear a dress.

Thanks!!

Dress pants and a nice top?

And I think it's really out of line that his sister had a problem with what you were wearing. Some people need to give second thoughts to choosing their battles and not wasting their time.

I also advise wearing a knee length dress in a demure color with a cardigan/light jacket.
No plunging V necks, no sleeveless anything and not sky high heels.
And oh yes, nothing tight.

You can also choose a dress with a print.

Do post your outfit here! :smile:

Judgmental much? You marry the family! It's good to know that he defended you, that's something my dad never did..

It's hard to please everyone with how you look so it's best to just please yourself before others, it's you wearing it!

Wear what you want. Quite honestly, she was probably jealous of your nice body. Haha

Thanks everyone! I will definitely post a pic of the outfit I go with. :biggrin:

Judgmental much? You marry the family! It's good to know that he defended you, that's something my dad never did..

It's hard to please everyone with how you look so it's best to just please yourself before others, it's you wearing it!

Wear what you want. Quite honestly, she was probably jealous of your nice body. Haha

Even though my boyfriend told me the fight wasn't my fault, I still felt awful about it. But he said that she's feeling insecure about getting older and not being as slim as she used to be after two kids, and seeing me and my figure made things worse. Okaaaaay :-s

Adding her to my FB friend's list was the worst thing I could do! She monitored EVERYTHING her brother and I did and said, but that's a different story LOL!