See them 'in the flesh' before buying?

Luda

English girl in NY
O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
Hello ladies,

I would love some advice from you experts.....
Having ogled RM bags for ages online, I've just moved to the US and am thinking now's the time to finally buy one! I don't know whether I'll find a better selection buying online than from one of the stockists?

Also, I would like to see them 'in the flesh' and have a proper good look and feel before commiting to buy, so wondered if any of you could tell me the best place in New York to go have a look -where has the widest selection?

Luda (a very excited first-timer!)
x
:smile:

Welcome Luda! :flowers: I myself never saw any of my bags IRL. I just impulsively bought them because they looked fabo on celebs and in pictures! I do have a fave boutique in NYC for RM.

You can find them on the lower east side. FunkyLaLa is their name. You can also peruse their offerings online at http://www.funkylala.com

Owl's Lab is another boutique in NYC that sells RM. You can also find RM at Saks and at Bloomingdales. All located in midtown Manhattan. HTH!!!

RM bags are really much better than the pics IRL.

The only reason i've seen gals return bags is not because they don't like the style or quality, but its been because the color didn't work for them, or the leather wasn't the kind they expected.

RM has tons of leather variations, as many designers do. Some are matte, pebbled, glazed, etc... what style works for one doesn't work for the other. But i would recommend purchasing from FLL, revolve, or LB if you can't go to a boutique IRL. These sites offer free shipping on bags, as well as free return shipping if you don't love the bag.

Again, most of the gals i've seen love the RM style, but you just have to choose what leather/color is right for you.

Thanks so much guys for all that info - I will hit the streets and check out some of those shops to have a look then maybe order online when I come to actually buy one.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone back home in England with a RM bag (though I'm sure there must be some people with them) so when I eventually head back, it'll be nice to take something a bit different with me.

I will be sure to post picture if and when I finally buy one - my bf reckons this site is like some kind of p0rn for me, having seen the way I've been drooling for hours over photos of your handbags!:lol:

Hi Ladies - new to tPF and new to RM! I have been shopping a MAB or MAM for weeks now and have had the hardest time finding them. Thanks for the info in this thread, I'll be on the hunt in NY asap. :smile: