Seductive Gold & Black Smokey Eye Look eyeshadow

^ I noticed the same thing. I have tons of eyeshadow brushes and I only use certain ones for certain colored shadows. I don't mix light and dark with the same brush, because if you have natural brushes, it's not good to wash them too often :shrugs:

First thing I noticed is, this must be tpf kuuipo! She has great eyes! I think I will try the smokey eye thing this week to see if I can do this. Thanks for finding this, Misscrystal!! I also looked like a panda the last time I tried this look, lol.

Eye shadow application can be pretty tricky. It's takes a ton of practice and a bottle of eye makeup remover. The key is to blend well so you don't have any harsh lines, and try out different things depending on the shape of your eye. In time you will find what works for you.

hey guys, tried the smoky look last night using this tutorial.

Instead of MAC, I had Lancome eyeshadows [boo hoo] but it looked great!! I was so happy, and my SO thought I looked great!!

I only used three colors, pale white (for browbone), dark brown (for crease) and sparkly green (for lids.

How funny. Just this weekend I got a makeover at Mac and they made beautiful and sexy smokey eyes on me. I was able to maintain it for the remainder of the wedding that I attended. However, the next day I tried to re-create the look and ended up with two black eyes. You would think with $150.00 worth of make-up and brushes I could come up with something decent!

How funny. Just this weekend I got a makeover at Mac and they made beautiful and sexy smokey eyes on me. I was able to maintain it for the remainder of the wedding that I attended. However, the next day I tried to re-create the look and ended up with two black eyes. You would think with $150.00 worth of make-up and brushes I could come up with something decent!

I kind of found a way to find your crease. in the mirror, look at your open eyes, where the lid pulls back to reveal your naked eye is where you crease is. hope that is clear.

with the dark eyeshadow, I like to put a dot with the brush on the outer corner of that crease, then make a circular motion and gently sweep toward the inner eye but still continuing that crease. I dont put the shadow to close to wear my nose is, but generally around the circumference of the crease.

unlike the video, I put on the 'lid' shadow on after doing the creases. HTH

i am asian and do not have a big eye crease or sunken eyes so i don't really think i can pull these looks off although i would LOVE to pull off looks like this. tear. she is so pretty and so good! i love her looks!!!

Thanks for the explanation JahpsonLoveYou but I think it's gonna take me a while to master this. *sigh*

I tried doing a lighter version this morning but it looks like how I put on my regular makeup. I even have brush #242 that she uses!

Shorty0527: Actually I have Asian eyes too but the Mac person was able to give me a great smokey eye look.