security tag help needed please

Some are called security labels
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=security+label&category0=

I can't remember what the ones I bought are called and can't seem to find them on ebay. I suggest that you can use combination locks. Let the buyers know that they can have the combination number once they are satisfied with the item. wrap the handles of the bag with cellophane and attach the lock to the handle.
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/factory2u2/MASTERLOCK622D1.jpg

Last edited:
I always had a question about these...
say the buyer said that they were satisfied with the item and either cut the tags off or opens the lock with the combination you gave them, they can still file with PayPal later saying this is not what they expected etc. etc.

Does PayPal actually take into consideration these security tags and will more likely side with the seller in case of a dispute?

I use Tyvek security bracelets. I picked a print so that way someone can't find the same one as easy to attempt to return me something different. I use the band on the outside so it would be an eyesore if they attempted to use whatever I sold them.

I use Tyvek security bracelets. I picked a print so that way someone can't find the same one as easy to attempt to return me something different. I use the band on the outside so it would be an eyesore if they attempted to use whatever I sold them.

If you buy them at a party store, such as Party City, they come with a serial number on them. I photo the serial number on the secured band before I ship it out...no way they can dup the band! :tup:

I always had a question about these...
say the buyer said that they were satisfied with the item and either cut the tags off or opens the lock with the combination you gave them, they can still file with PayPal later saying this is not what they expected etc. etc.

Does PayPal actually take into consideration these security tags and will more likely side with the seller in case of a dispute?

they can say they remove the TAG accidently but with a lock, we need an email to confirm that they INSPECTED AND THAT'S WHAT THEY EXPECTED. so that we have proof.

however, if the lock is still on, they can return it- and at least we have peace in mind that we are getting the one we sent.

they can say they remove the TAG accidently but with a lock, we need an email to confirm that they INSPECTED AND THAT'S WHAT THEY EXPECTED. so that we have proof.

however, if the lock is still on, they can return it- and at least we have peace in mind that we are getting the one we sent.

That's a good idea! I will run to Target to get the lock..

has there been an incident where the combi locks damaged the bag itself? thanks!

b3stbuy, when i use lock or security tag ( thick plastic which they have to use something to cut it), i use film- plastic wrap and wrap the handle first, then i attach the lock/tag, then cover the lock/tag w wrap and paper. it is almost impossible to damage the bag
HTH

Since I sell Chanel, I use both combo lock (bought at 99cent store) and tyvek (sp?). I photo my packing process, clearly showing both and the serial nbr of the band. And let the buyer know in my invoice and thank you note to contact me when received for the combination.

If you buy them at a party store, such as Party City, they come with a serial number on them. I photo the serial number on the secured band before I ship it out...no way they can dup the band! :tup:

b3stbuy, when i use lock or security tag ( thick plastic which they have to use something to cut it), i use film- plastic wrap and wrap the handle first, then i attach the lock/tag, then cover the lock/tag w wrap and paper. it is almost impossible to damage the bag
HTH
thanks yorkie!! :smile: will do that if i sell some of my bags :tup: