Secrets to Being Happy

msleex3

Sep 28, 2006
Hi girls,

I don't know what's been going on lately, but I've been stressed out and easily upset over trivial matters. I think it's because my dad came home and left again (he works in another country on the other side of the world), I graduated high school, said goodbye to my closest friends, and then started college. I feel really bad because my boyfriend has been receiving the brunt of this, and tonight, he just basically told me that I need to relax.

I really do miss the "me" I was a year ago, when I was so carefree and laughing all the time and everything.

So, I guess I need some help from you ladies. What keeps you happy and smiling? I know I can get over this stress and all the drama related to it, but I think I might need some help to get started. Thanks so much :smile:

so sorry to hear that! *hugs*

i recently got over a rough patch by re-examing what's important to me, what i wanted to do...and did it. accomplishing something makes me feel better.

be a little selfish, and do something fun for yourself.

Awww, I've been stressing out too, so I feel your pain.
I'm in the middle of organizing my move and its not easy when am all alone here without my family and my fiancee.
Sometimes I went through nights crying and asking myself what am I doing?? but the more I think about it the more moody I am.
So am trying to learn to accept, go with the flow instead of worrying about things that are not even happening yet.

I hope you feel better soon

Take care,

Being with my two dogs and seeing the silly little things that they do makes me happy

Being with my fiancee and family makes me happy

Volunteering (my soft spot is animals) makes me happy

LV makes me happy, but then sad when I see how much $$$ I spent!! LOL

Feel better--I think that everyone goes through rough patches...just keep your head up...I am not sure if you are religious, but I find that going to church helps me feel LOTS better:smile:

Do something for somebody who is in worse shape than you are.
It is a cliche, but it really works.

And go rent some funny movies. The Gods Must Be Crazy will make a cement yard goat laugh. Or anything with Hilary Duff.

I'm sorry you're stressed. Someone sent me an email about the happiest people:

The happiest people in the world
are not those who have no problems,
but those who learn to live
with the things that are less than perfect.

I hope you will feel like your old self soon. Remember, don't sweat the small stuff :smile:

I'm sorry you're stressed. Someone sent me an email about the happiest people:

The happiest people in the world
are not those who have no problems,
but those who learn to live
with the things that are less than perfect.

I hope you will feel like your old self soon. Remember, don't sweat the small stuff :smile:

I asked my DH for one word that describes me and he said "happy". I think that the quote above really describes me and the way that I feel about life! Anytime I think things are bad, I always realize how much worse they can be, which brings me around to feeling how unbelievably lucky that I am!! I hope you feel happier soon!!!

- Accepting from the start that it's not the end of the world if the "worst case situation" happens (e.g. if I don't get into a program of choice, I can always apply again in the following year)
- Having a goal (i.e. To what end are you putting yourself through this?)
- Working hard at studies so that I have no regrets & feel like I have control over the outcome of my marks
- Having a "safe" place/people (a place to ground yourself, feel at ease)
- Having a perfectly clean room. A messy, disorganized, crowded room really stresses me out. My workspace is as far as possible from my bed.
- Eating foods that are easy on the system.

an early night with your man (or any man) can work wonders for de- stressing ;) Its a scientific fact lol :biggrin:

Hope you are feeling much more like your old self soon, we all have to have down times, otherwise we cannot appreciate the good times :smile:

I moved to a new city (and new country) about three months ago, and I would love to be working at the type of job I want and to be making the kind of money I want.

When I get stressed out and upset, I repeat to myself, "I got my health, I got my strength, I'm in my right mind. I still have breath so I got hope that love is on my side."

That helps.

Other times, just talking it over with people helps, too.

And then I get excited about little things, like "Woo! I have enough to get some Ben & Jerry's!"

And what makes me feel better is knowing that in January, I'm going to get the training I need for the job I want.

But I would say the most important things is to get excited about little things. (Not necessarily food - I look forward to People Magazine every week.)

*Knowing that i have people around me that sincerely cares and values my friendship
*Cherishing what i have and who i'm with
*Don't let things get to you, take it a step at a time
*It's ok sometimes to let your weaknesses show, so that other can be there for you

I have been feeling down lately as well!! I have problems with my SO family etc (long story) and I worry a lot!
What keeps me going and happy :
I remind myself of the good things of my life and how lucky I am to have what I have!
I do what I feel is right and I can't control other's actions (you simply can't control others!!)
The Purse Forum makes me feel better!!
Shopping or window shopping is great!!
Reality shows always make me feel better because I say OH MY LIFE ISN'T SCREWED UP like theirs!! LOL!!

I take a long bath and think about how lucky I am to be where I am. There are so many people in this world that wishes to be in my place so I'm going to make the most out of it.

What keeps me happy and smiling?? Gosh, lately, just a glass of single malt or a long drive in my Porsche!! It is definitely the time of year to be stressed.

My tricks for staying sane and keeping my angst off the shoulders of my family and friends:

Take a yoga class
Get a full body massage
and work out like mad!!!

:flowers: Good luck!! and do what makes you feel good at your core