Secret Thrill....

1. This is going to sound really stupid, but do any of you get a "secret thrill" walking into other boutiques (ie: LV, Chanel etc.) with your Hermes bag? I was going to go out this afternoon with my new Kelly and do a tour of the shops, and was thinking it would be funny to walk into one of these boutiques carrying the "ultimate" label - Hermes.......do you know what I mean? Or is it just me who sees Hermes as a cut above the rest of the brands?

Almost like "well, I don't really need LV, I have Hermes on my arm!"

Hope I make sense!:upsidedown:

2. I know what you mean. Today I went to Gucci to get a gift for my sister and took my Kelly. All the SAs commented on the bag. One of them loved my Bearn wallet too. She asked me if I would open it so she could look inside. She said she loved how thin it was and then said "all of our wallets are too thick" and brought a few over to make her point. I am ashamed to admit I did feel a little happy that they made such a big deal over my things. I felt so good I walked into Jeffrey (a high end store I never go in that sells clothes that I will never fit into) just to look around. I hope I didn't go too off topic with this story.

3. Oh I love it!
    I love going into Gucci and LV with my Birkin. I get so much more attention from the SA. They smell money! I do notice that when I go into DG they won't ask to show me bags because of what I'm carring.

4. Please do me a favor and stop reading my mind. :roflmfao:

lol :graucho: I'm glad this is out in the open because I was afraid to say anything. You more than make sense. I especially feel that way when the SA's are being particularly snotty. There are those instances when they know what I am carrying and they flock to me.

Or there are those times when, as I said before they are snotty, they are either ignoring me, or being hesitant about showing me their "more expensive bags." For instance, in Vegas I went into one of the 1 million Gucci stores they have. I wanted to look at an ostrich bag and he was hesitant to show it to me. I wanted to know how much the bag was. He announced $4,000.00 and gave me this look of knowing like he KNEW I couldn't afford it. During all this my birkin was not visible. So at this point I slowly set my birkin on the counter, gave him my evil grin and began comparing the leathers. I asked him questions about the CITES which blew his mind because he had never heard of such documentation and Gucci doesn't provide it. I mentioned that I wondered about the quality because there was such a big difference in the price of my bag and that bag. By the time I was done, he had realized his mistake and was turning a nice shade of red. Evil I know, but his behavior just hit me the wrong way that day.

5. see and i hate that. screw them i demand good service wether in birkin totally glamazoned or in sweat pants and looking like a slob. if they do not deliver that i do not deliver what they are longing for -my moohla
    ah and a chit chat with the manager is also always nice :wlae:
    i am simply too old to find myself cought in a "pretty woman" moviescene real life re-re-run

6. You know, I definitely feel this way too. We went to LV today and usually I'd be oohing and ahhing but with my new bag I didn't see anything there that I felt like I had to have. :lol: It's funny when snooty SA's realize what bag you're carrying and all of a sudden become super helpful. :rolleyes:

7. P.S. Kristie F, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your bag!!!!! :yahoo:

8. ^ lol. i hear ya, lilach.:jammin: that's why i ONLY frequent the boutiques that HAVE ALWAYS BEEN NICE TO ME REGARDLESS OF ATTIRE. and trust me, due to my trade, it's never the same. so they best be nice - regardless if i'm sporting jeans or fur that day!:queen:

9. lemming same here i have blacklisted some boutiques. but i know one thing for sure . alot of managers or sa´s in dubai know each other and i am sure some are kicking their own tush very hard after they treated me badly or showed an attitude that is simply displaced.
    [​IMG]

10. awwww - you're a sweetie!!!!!

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this.......I feel silly, but it IS a secret thrill of mine.........:shame: - so happy you girls agree!!!

I didn't really mean getting treated better because of the Hermes, just the thrill of walking around with it, and being a bit "up myself" - LOL - if you know what I mean!!!!!!!!!

11. it's like "i can trade in mine what what you have on the shelf, all 5 of them"

12. I find this talk all quite interesting...I never really think about it or think like that. The secret thrill for me is being me.

To me, I buy what I love...whether it is $20 or $10,000. I don't care what people think...doesn't really phase me. In the end...if they have a problem with me it is their problem...screw them. I know who I am and I don't need to prove anything.

13. a you mean beeing uppity a bit ? well in this case yes i am guilty :lol: and yes i enjoyed wearing my bags and looking forward to get this feeling again in the meantime i substitute this with my jewelery :shame:

14. very well said :yes:

but i think kristie meant it in the most positive way. you know just like "knowing that you have a beautiful bag and other admire the craftsmenship beauty etc" :flowers:

15. OOOOO, I love to go to Chanel and stare at my bag while I engage them in conversation. I'm sooo bad:devil:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice