Secret Shopper

ILoveCoach

Flat Broke
Dec 22, 2005
Does anyone know how you can become a secret shopper? I have seen all the websites, and have heard that they all just steal your money! Does anyone know the real way to become a secret shopper?

I'm guessing you should look at the Classified Ads in the newspapers. I've seen a few ads for secret shoppers especially over the holidays. Sounds like a fun job.

It's not really that glamorous :amuse: I work in a big department store and about once or twice a year secret shoppers test the customer service. They basically give you points for some lines you're supposed to say to a customer and knock some off if you don't remember to greet etc. :lol: The results are always fun to see though...

Sounds like fun, my friend was a secret shopper and said she'd do it again. I saw an ad for the job once, it had in bold letters a warning saying that their don't reimburse for purchases made while on the job :lol:

I heard they're suppose to give you like $5 for you to buy some random item in the store to test out their customer services. And ofcourse you can keep your $5 purchase. :lol:

Why not be a promotional model for alcohol companies? ;) You get to go into the night clubs for free and pass out tee shirts and free shots to a bunch of crazy college students. Also, you can get your friends into the clubs for free too and they'll ofcourse love you for that. I tried that in college and back then (5 yrs ago) they paid between $15 to $25 an hour and you only have to be there for about 3 hours each night on the weekends. Good money when you're a poor college student... :smile:

Who knows people who have been secret shoppers. I want a job because my parents and my bf support me and its horrible. I would love to make some money o the side. I live in NY. Where can i find this job, please help.