Secondhand: Vestiaire/Yoogi's/Fashionphile/TheRealReal

honey52

O.G.
May 7, 2007
Hi TPF,
I have recently been looking at second hand sites for purchasing purposes and this is all new to me.

I have moved on from the real real for fear of non authentic items and moved onto vestiaire collective. I actually ended up purchasing something there (in the process, so we'll see if everything falls through) and then recently read that there is a trend for ready to ship items coming up non authentic.

I've recently turned my eye towards Fashionphile and Yoogi's. Whats nice about them for me is that I'm in the states, won't need to pay any VAT fees and I'm not in Cali or Washington state therefore don't pay tax at all. It's also nice not to have to calculate 40$ in shipping like VC.

But I'd would love to hear some opinions on confidence in buying from these places. Shipping time, the likelihood of a great deal vs okay deals, customer care, returns, and accurate representation of the state the item is in (good, great, excellent).

if you could rank them... that would be cool to see opinions!

Last edited:
Reactions: AriaVT
I would love to know this too! I'm not that impressed with therealreal descriptions. I purchased 3 Chanel bags from them and winded up keeping only one. Although they say final sale, I was able to return 2 of them due to the totally inaccurate descriptions. They magically don't photo the issues. Also, they don't disclosure odors. I don't have any experience with the others but I am eyeing a bag from fashionphile.

Reactions: Gabs007
I've had positive experiences from Yoogi's as well. I had to return a bag once, and it was hassle free. Their descriptions and ratings of their products are also spot on. I do not hesitate when buying from them. I'm a little hesitant with Fashionphile due to a security breach with their website that happened sometime ago. Another consignment shop you might want to check out is Ann's Fabulous Finds. :smile:

Reactions: MamaSleepy
I bought a Hermes Birkin 35 from Fashionphile just about a month ago. The bag was listed as "new without tags". The bag was certainly as described - it had all the plastic on hardware and no signs of wear of any kind. However, I could tell that the bag, probably from being displayed for some time in their store, developed a a bit of a slouch and you could tell that it was handled as there were a few little spots that I just wiped off with a soft damp cloth. No big deal and the bag is beautiful, so i am keeping it. The reasons I went with Fashionphile vs. Yoogi's are - their 30 day return policy with free shipping, lifetime authenticity guarantee and it seemed to me at the time that they have a better selection of Hermes bags than Yoogi's.

Yoogi's is fantastic. The customer service is quick, friendly and awesome. They are very active on Facebook so if you have questions, they will answer right away. I always like commenting on their pictures and within an hour or so, I would get a "like" on my comment from Yoogi's. That's when I know there's someone actually reading our comments. I really like that.

I've consigned with them in the past and made many purchases with them and it all went very smoothly. They offer free shipping and returns so feel free to buy with confidence. And lastly, they send payments out very quickly, too. I highly recommend them.

Fashionphile -received a lot of mixed reviews here on TPF. Some got good experiences (like me), but many members are mostly negative. I would use them last if you're hesitant.

Never tried Vestiaire so I can't comment on it.

The Real Real - you probably should read the topic on TRR here on TPF, especially the last few pages. Their customer service is fantastic, but they don't accept returns so it can make your buying experience difficult when you receive a bag that is not good.

Other good consignment stores: Ann's Fabulous Finds and The Real Deal Collection.

anybody know which of these charges CA tax?
I know realreal and Fashionphile charges CA tax, don't know about the others.

Dunno about Vestaire, but Yoogi's Closet is based in Seattle, Washington so they only charge taxes to customers living in the Washington state. I am also in California and I just bought a bag from YC early this morning and was not charged tax.

From Yoogi's Closet:

https://www.yoogiscloset.com/payment-and-ordering

Sales Tax

Sales tax applies only to orders shipped to an address in the state of Washington. Sales tax is applied in accordance with individual state and local regulations. Appropriate tax charges will appear during checkout on the Review your Order page.

I had good experience with Fashionphile some time ago. Last month I went to Dubai for a short vacation, and I stumbled upon this second hand place called Bagatelle Boutique. I was very surprised as they had great collection. I actually ended up buying a Chanel classic and their prices were somehow similar to Fashionphile, and the bag was in an as-new condition.