Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Sunday I asked to the ladies @ the charity booth if I could volunteer - they said they really need help at sorting the clothes that they are going to sell. :graucho::graucho::graucho: While I would love to do it and the ladies look very nice...it's a religious charity org and the lady already invited me to attend the church and you can't find a atheist as passionate as I am. LOL Also, my local charity shop is runned by a religious org.

Lol love it!!!! The church of thrift!!!! We are all followers and believers!!

Do you have something in your auction stating you expect payment within X amount of days? I would not be worrying too much after 3 or 4 days.
If I don't hear from someone after 2 days , I send them an invoice (even though eBay already did that). After 5 days I send them a (nice) reminder email. After a week, I might try one more time with another email. THEN you contact ebay and do a non-paying bidder claim. You used to be able to get the buyers phone number from ebay and give them a call, not sure if you can do that anymore. OOPS guess I was a bit late with this answer, but for future reference......
Thank you, I will keep that info on record; you never know when you may need it.

Okay, rookie mistake. I thought I found a Jimmy Choo hobo. Unfortunately the label is not lavender, just silver; Oh and I didn't see made in Italy. It was $5 and the leather felt soooo good. I just found it hard to believe that it wasn't real. Nope, I did not get it authenticated. I did find a nice Banana Republic tote for $4.80..
IMG_20120713_182755-1.jpg

a Vintage Rodo (made in Italy) for $5...
IMG_20120713_175445-1.jpg

Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes yesterday at GW for $6..(they are on the bay,2 big 4 me)
IMG_20120711_171459.jpg

and I finally authenticate a Coach briefcase that I've had for almost two years...
IMG_20120710_083434-1-1.jpg

Last but not least, a Lampe Bergere for $3
IMG_20120713_183734-1.jpg

Okay, rookie mistake. I thought I found a Jimmy Choo hobo. Unfortunately the label is not lavender, just silver; Oh and I didn't see made in Italy. It was $5 and the leather felt soooo good. I just found it hard to believe that it wasn't real. Nope, I did not get it authenticated. I did find a nice Banana Republic tote for $4.80..
IMG_20120713_182755-1.jpg

IMG_20120713_175445-1.jpg

Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes yesterday at GW for $6..(they are on the bay,2 big 4 me)
IMG_20120711_171459.jpg

and I finally authenticate a Coach briefcase that I've had for almost two years...
IMG_20120710_083434-1-1.jpg

IMG_20120713_183734-1.jpg

J.Crew brown suede flats $9 my size!
Love the shoes!

Why in the world am I JUST finding this thread?!?! Hi ladies, :wave: I really can't believe I am JUST finding this thread. I'll be out thrifting in the morning. My local GW puts out lots of new stuff on Friday nights and early on Saturday mornings. So, I'll be there, bright & early. Last week, I found a Kate Spade zippy wallet for $1 (sold it on the bay) & a Coach Hampton (currently listed) for $20. I'm so excited about seeing your fabulous finds. I need to go back and find the old thread so I can :faint: Hermes for $80? WHAT?!?! Wow!

Bag-a-holic23 said:
Why in the world am I JUST finding this thread?!?! Hi ladies, :wave: I really can't believe I am JUST finding this thread. I'll be out thrifting in the morning. My local GW puts out lots of new stuff on Friday nights and early on Saturday mornings. So, I'll be there, bright & early. Last week, I found a Kate Spade zippy wallet for $1 (sold it on the bay) & a Coach Hampton (currently listed) for $20. I'm so excited about seeing your fabulous finds. I need to go back and find the old thread so I can :faint: Hermes for $80? WHAT?!?! Wow!

Welcome welcome. Oh yeah you have to check out the closed thread. Chanel bags, hermes, lv trunks ,vintage gucci, jewels and tons of thrifting...or as we ladies like to say "thrusting"

I have to be honest. I volunteer in a charity shop we are allowed to buy items but they have to of been on the shop floor for 24 hrs before we can buy it we are not allowed to take things before they go on the shop floor. We don't get discounts. And 99% of the great items we get in get bought by the public and not staff members. I have only ever bought one item from the shop, but it is quite expensive I much prefer hunting further afield where the prices are much lower and I find much better items.

I donate frequently to a local charity shop. The manager has told me she loves it when I bring things in, as we have the same taste (and are the same size). She frequently buys what I bring in, before it goes on the floor, and gets a 25% discount. Any volunteer there can do the same.
I'm happy about it; she works hard, as do the volunteers, and for an excellent cause. I always feel pleased seeing her rock something of mine, or seeing something I've donated featured in the display window. Also, I've found SO many lovely things there for myself -- there's definitely enough to go around!

Ladies what do you do when someone bids, but does not pay? I think she expected me to send the item, without being paid. She won the bid July 9 and I haven't heard a peep.

You can now adjust your account to automaticly file nonpaying buyer claims after 4 days of non payment and they will automaticly close it and relist your item for you without you having to do anything.

Raven3766 said:

I love the MJ shoes.... the color is amazing

Bag-a-holic23 said:
I posted this in the main forum. Is anyone experienced with stores in Houston? If so, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

On Montfort there Are quite a few resale shops (buffalo exchange and similar) also in the downtown area there is a fabulous Salvation army. I think Raven is from the Houston area (is that correct?!) and could probably give you some more ideas. Goodwills seem to better the farther south that you go in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.