Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Wondering if you ladies might have some advice for what to do with these Chanel heels I thrifted for fifty pennies.
The leather is intact but the white has yellowed and looks very dingy. One shoe is also missing a buckle.
Is it worth it to dye these black? Would the buckle be hard to replace?

If anyone can point me to a group that would be better for posting this question - would be much appreciated! IMG_9323.jpgIMG_9324.jpgIMG_9325.jpg

Wondering if you ladies might have some advice for what to do with these Chanel heels I thrifted for fifty pennies.
The leather is intact but the white has yellowed and looks very dingy. One shoe is also missing a buckle.

If anyone can point me to a group that would be better for posting this question - would be much appreciated! View attachment 4063876View attachment 4063877View attachment 4063879

I would take them to a leather shop, I have a leather guy in my town that fixes these types of things. Maybe look for someone where you live.

ETA Maybe you can order a buckle from Chanel. Not sure but worth a try.

Last edited:
So it's been a minute, but I want to share. I have been lucky with jewelry. There's a silver/ pearl rose necklace, huge black pearl/ silver mixed stone earrings. Black onyx/14kt gold earrings and bracelet; mesh mix stone necklace, Swarovski earrings, Alpaca symbol 18kt/sterling ring, 10kt pearl ring, Tiffany's necklace/ beaded bracelet. The most expensive, the $40 rose necklace.View attachment 4059197View attachment 4059198

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Wow Raven, you cleaned up! If memory serves me right you had found a necklace version of that Tiffany beaded bracelet, didn't you? Always such a treat to find Tiffany's thrift stores missed :biggrin: The alpaca ring is very cool

Hello ladies!

I have been inactive for a while but figured I would send and update on my favorite find to date- a 70’s kelly. View attachment 4059385View attachment 4059386

I sent the bag in for a minor fix of the inside pocket and the spa treatment. I felt so sly knowing I payed less than $2 for it . Shown worn with a 40’s wool skirt and $10 alaia heels.

Lots of other goodies found in the meantime- will make sure to share soon.
Holy moly! Story of a life time. Congrats, it will be very tough to beat that find!

Reactions: corezone

If anyone can point me to a group that would be better for posting this question - would be much appreciated! View attachment 4063876View attachment 4063877View attachment 4063879
Great find for such an amazing price! I am a DIY coloring and dying rebel but I would not dye the insole leather of that shoe. No matter how good the dye it will be coming off on your feet while wearing. I would just scrub it with alcohol / disinfectant really well.

With the interior, try plain old shaving cream; see if that helps.

Reactions: Siso