Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They apparently do not know but they are about to find out! I actually did need those coupons to score my free polish! LOL. Quite true!

Yes the Aquascutum is a great example of a garment well made that can be found secondhand (like secondhand chic the book says) that is very valuable and well made. The buttons! I can't even read that writing It is so tiny ... but you can tell it is made well.

Hooray! Yanuk-Lovah! I like the way they make the whole pelvis and the pockets and the way they play with angles. I do not remember if I mentioned this. Mom was here and stepdad spilled grease on some pants and she said they were ruined. Like a commercial I gave her So I Love and she declared it a MIRACLE product and wanted more to take home with her to New Mexico!

I like the shell box too! It is like something I would find on Catalina Island!

The Aquascutum is divine! Tiny tiny checks that all match!

Hooray! Best Wishes!

I love your pretty ring! Aw! I remember the day of my engagement it was so exciting!It is a great feeling! Enjoy! :smile:

Hooray! Love the shells!

So in love with the Liar at the 102 year old Bev Hills House Dealer! Hilarious! Also love fire king! Immoratal!

And yes what a divine print!! I was just cursing the DIY youtubers who told girls to "just cut it off" cause I found something like that. I just saw a great vintage dress on CassieStevens who blogs about DIY and vintage dresses. She used a kind of large bias strip to hem a skirt and make it longer and finish a cut off seam. I love the look.

Perfect bag!

I love handmade vintage. It really makes me feel like I am flipping the bird to F21. No one is going to be wearing my dress! Ever! It's a nice feeling. Homey!
I love Catalina!

yes yes I am with Tuuli ...

How do we get these mens to find us shoes Joodlz?

What are the secrets? tell tell

And ... as long as we have you here ... tell us the spell you use to conjure up the Coach Hurricane? I would settle for a small sprinkle ... a few rainclouds ....

Then there's the Coach stuff (of course)...from different Goodwills over the last few days. Hubby spotted the Daisee platform pumps for $24.99 and I found the Soho Leather Small Flap reduced from $29.99 to $19.99. Remarkable condition on both!

Oh, those pumps are perfect! I love them!

I went to Goodwill for the first time in ages yesterday. Their pricing annoys me so much. $5 for an Old Navy t-shirt? Stupid. But then I find my beloved J.Crew, LOFT, Banana Republic, etc. and I'm happy. ;) Here's what I brought home last night.

LOFT flats. They look dingy in the photo, but IRL they're in really great condition. They're a 1/2 size too small but they fit, albeit a little tight. ;)

Green J.Crew sweater. So soft!

Ann Taylor top. I love the button sleeve, but it's really boxy and doesn't work for me so it won't stay. :sad:

Ann Taylor sweater. I love this! The colors (cream and blush, didn't photograph well), the gold buttons, everything. It's so soft too. :biggrin:

I went to Goodwill for the first time in ages yesterday. Their pricing annoys me so much. $5 for an Old Navy t-shirt? Stupid. But then I find my beloved J.Crew, LOFT, Banana Republic, etc. and I'm happy. ;) Here's what I brought home last night.

LOFT flats. They look dingy in the photo, but IRL they're in really great condition. They're a 1/2 size too small but they fit, albeit a little tight. ;)

Ann Taylor top. I love the button sleeve, but it's really boxy and doesn't work for me so it won't stay. :sad:

Ann Taylor sweater. I love this! The colors (cream and blush, didn't photograph well), the gold buttons, everything. It's so soft too. :biggrin:
Cute!

I got the same exact green j crew sweater a few weeks back from salvos lol

Lovw that red handbag!
Thanks...I'm a sucka for red leather!

Both bags are adorable. That is one of the cutest Coach Bags ever, I really like that style.
Thanks...I moved right in...and it looks good with the 2-tone Naturalizers I bought a couple of weeks ago.

hahaha $1.50 Correction! Nice!

Nice red leather bag!

Adorable! How nice of your Hubs! He shops with you often? Wild Boars couldn't make the Hubs come with me. You are lucky!

I think I have Coach pumps that are similar ... we can be shoe twins! Though mine are green and snake-y ....
Thanks...Hubby will usually make a lightening-fast trip through the stores...often finding shirts or jeans for him, or shoes for me...yay! I've seen the green, snakey pumps...very pretty!

Great Hubby, finding you shoes!
Thanks...after 32 year, I think he's a keeper!

yes yes I am with Tuuli ...

How do we get these mens to find us shoes Joodlz?

What are the secrets? tell tell

And ... as long as we have you here ... tell us the spell you use to conjure up the Coach Hurricane? I would settle for a small sprinkle ... a few rainclouds ....

LOLOL...secrets? He likes sexy heels...on me, thank God...He's about 6'2" in his everyday cowboy boots, so at 5'7" I can easily add a few inches...I think heels just make my legs and butt look better! AND if there happens to be a bag of cookies in the car as a reward, his shopping-patience level goes up exponentially :smile: The Coach thing I think is just plain luck, with a little uncanny "I can spot one at 10 paces" brand recognition thrown in. I'm fortunate to live in a fairly affluent area and, though the economy has changed in recent years, many ladies here still recycle their older bags as though they are passe...I call them (sometimes vintage) treasures!

Thanks...love your stuff...stripes make me smile.

Hi ladies, my finds today cause I went on a different day. Chip & pepper jeans , genuine black gator purse. Juicy handbag!

Attachments

• 1380618356184.jpg
    1380618356184.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 393
Status
Not open for further replies.