Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Side

Yellow Velvet-y Goodness

Hello Gorgeous!

Aquascutum ... this one is mine! Success! I have found two trenches for The Hubs ... including that last one which I would have LOVED to have ... so divine

Under the collar construction is amazing ... how to tell if a garment is beautifully made.
Hand done work there

Every check matches

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Look at these buttons ...

In hoc scuto fidemus

In this shield we trust ... Latin I think .... amammamazzzinnggggg

$1

And finally Yanuk ... cause who doesn't like Yanuk?

These had a huge bunch of coffee stains down the front of them which So I Love (aka Soilove) took out in about one minute ...

You can take risks like that when you're paying $1 ...

....not a risk I would have liked at $8 ... cause I'm WIllie Nelson Educated and know when to walk away ...
Love that shell box, and the Aquascutum-I die!

Arrrgh I just tried multi quoting and it took random posts and not the ones I picked!! Thanks for the concern everyone :smile: we are so grateful that we are ok (or at least hope so Laz!!). My left ribs are extremely sore but I guess that takes a while to heal :/

In other not-so-sad news...I'm engaged!! Yay!!! My (now fiancé hehe) proposed this morning saying after the accident he didn't want to wait any longer :smile: we are so excited and blessed!!! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380507777.673477.jpg

So today was Sunday morning flea market day for me! I went looking for some beachy decorator items for my house and here's some of what I found:

A lovely mermaid..
mer.JPG
Carved seahorses...they're carved out of some sort of stone and about 6 inches tall. Cute for .50.
sea.JPG
Shells..shells in a bucket...and more shells..I love love love the giant clam..but it's not as giant as I'd like. It's only 15" across. I'm hoping I can find it's mommy someday!
shells.JPG
A vintage GE nautical clock. It's keeping perfect time..so far!!
clock.JPG

Arrrgh I just tried multi quoting and it took random posts and not the ones I picked!! Thanks for the concern everyone :smile: we are so grateful that we are ok (or at least hope so Laz!!). My left ribs are extremely sore but I guess that takes a while to heal :/

In other not-so-sad news...I'm engaged!! Yay!!! My (now fiancé hehe) proposed this morning saying after the accident he didn't want to wait any longer :smile: we are so excited and blessed!!! View attachment 2350713
Wow Congrats ,,,beautiful ring!!! Hope you heal fast.

So today was Sunday morning flea market day for me! I went looking for some beachy decorator items for my house and here's some of what I found:

A lovely mermaid..
View attachment 2350702
Carved seahorses...they're carved out of some sort of stone and about 6 inches tall. Cute for .50.
View attachment 2350703
Shells..shells in a bucket...and more shells..I love love love the giant clam..but it's not as giant as I'd like. It's only 15" across. I'm hoping I can find it's mommy someday!
View attachment 2350704
View attachment 2350705

What a fun theme, you found some great items at the flea market!

More flea market finds...I scored a cool vintage Saks Fifth Avenue (made in France) bag for $4.00. Looks like it's never been used. The guy said it came from the Beverly Hills estate of a 102 year old woman...he's at every flea market and has been using the same story for as long as I can remember! I also bought some Fire King bowls from him for $2.00 each.
photo bag.JPG
I thought of Laz when I spotted this cute homemade sundress. Love the print! The details on the pockets and neckline are great. It just needs to be hemmed, unfortunately someone cut it off!
dress2.JPG

dress1.JPG

I'm not going to move for the rest of the day. Safer that way.

I went to Sunday Morning thrift and found absolutely nothing for the Hubs and $7 worth of stuff for me. Some of what I found went to the denim graveyard in the basement immediately. I need to start on that project soon.

I had my coupons STOLEN by (probably) the delivery person (who is new) or someone associated ... so I have had to talk to the LA Times twice today. All the inserts are controlled by the delivery person and none of the P&G's were in the 5 copies of the paper I get.

Also no P&G at any of the same stores that he delivers to. So bad. Still don't have my coupons. *mean coupon face!!* I was all POSTAL this morning. Maybe it is something in the air?

They started selling the P&G inserts online for hella-money on eBay and such .... someone is buying my coupons! BOO! The inserts are worth more than the paper itself so I guess someone decided to make some money.

I went to a yard sale where I was looking thru CD's and half had no CD's then a dog came over and decided my crotch was vvvvv nice to try to nose ... and while that was happening I asked how much for the CD's and the lady looked at me and said "Three Fifty each."

LOL!! So I left.

Bad mood Lazlo will return with pictures ...

That's so crazy! :sad: Are there any repercussions for stealing coupons?!

In other not-so-sad news...I'm engaged!! Yay!!! My (now fiancé hehe) proposed this morning saying after the accident he didn't want to wait any longer :smile: we are so excited and blessed!!! View attachment 2350713

CONGRATS!! What a gorgeous ring! :heart:

(I hope you feel better soon!)

A lovely mermaid..
View attachment 2350702
View attachment 2350703
View attachment 2350704
View attachment 2350705

I love it all, but especially that mermaid! I love mermaids!

So glad you are feeling OK and congratulations! Very exciting time in your lives, I am sure! The ring is gorgeous! Was it a surprise? Did he pick out the ring? Tell us more :smile:
More flea market finds...I scored a cool vintage Saks Fifth Avenue (made in France) bag for $4.00. Looks like it's never been used. The guy said it came from the Beverly Hills estate of a 102 year old woman...he's at every flea market and has been using the same story for as long as I can remember! I also bought some Fire King bowls from him for $2.00 each.
View attachment 2350723
I thought of Laz when I spotted this cute homemade sundress. Love the print! The details on the pockets and neckline are great. It just needs to be hemmed, unfortunately someone cut it off!
View attachment 2350724

View attachment 2350725
Love all your sea themed decorations and those shells are HUGE! They are pretty pricey, too!

Congrats, what great news!

A lovely mermaid..
View attachment 2350702
View attachment 2350703
View attachment 2350704
View attachment 2350705
Great finds, I'm a sucker for beachy stuff!

So I have been lurking around eBay looking for trouble when I found this Hermes Cliquetis scarf listed as a replica. The seller was very obviously inexperienced in H and listed it way below value. I did my research and took a chance. It was just authenticated and my hunch was right, it's authentic. Paid a total of $46 for an authentic Hermes in a near mint condition. YAY.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380509542.106569.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380509542.106569.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 416
  • ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380509579.251901.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380509579.251901.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 417
  • ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380509606.727925.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380509606.727925.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 406
So I have been lurking around eBay looking for trouble when I found this Hermes Cliquetis scarf listed as a replica. The seller was very obviously inexperienced in H and listed it way below value. I did my research and took a chance. It was just authenticated and my hunch was right, it's authentic. Paid a total of $46 for an authentic Hermes in a near mint condition. YAY.
WOW!:faint:

Beautiful!

WHAT?! That's awesome congrats! Super jealous!

Ugh I have the thrifting itch but definitely can't go until either Thursday or next weekend :sad:

That's a pretty Fendi scarf. Great find!
The ebay non payers.... Urgh. I usually send a reminder invoice and if they don't pay relist the item and let ebay deal with the rest. You should open a case before you relist though. I had someone pay after 2 weeks of no communication (!!!). I had relisted the item and had bidders but I had to cancel it and ship it to her. All because I didn't open a case.
I find that even with all the ebay frustrations it's still better than consignment.

Looking good! Oh and so nice to find European linens for so cheap. Local GW charges $50+ for a new Target sheet set. lol

Oh how I miss the free $10 from Kohls!! Haven't gotten one in the mail in a while! Great scores :smile:

THat blazer is a work of art Laz. Such detail & construction. Still can not believe you pay $1 for this stuff. You must have the cheapest thrift on the thread.
Nice dainty jewelery case, will go well in your girlie room.

:cursing: at the mean coupon people. Don't they know you need your nail polish fix?

They apparently do not know but they are about to find out! I actually did need those coupons to score my free polish! LOL. Quite true!

Yes the Aquascutum is a great example of a garment well made that can be found secondhand (like secondhand chic the book says) that is very valuable and well made. The buttons! I can't even read that writing It is so tiny ... but you can tell it is made well.

Great finds as usual, Yanuk denim is so soft and yummy ...gotta love the So I Love :flowers:

Hooray! Yanuk-Lovah! I like the way they make the whole pelvis and the pockets and the way they play with angles. I do not remember if I mentioned this. Mom was here and stepdad spilled grease on some pants and she said they were ruined. Like a commercial I gave her So I Love and she declared it a MIRACLE product and wanted more to take home with her to New Mexico!

Love that shell box, and the Aquascutum-I die!

I like the shell box too! It is like something I would find on Catalina Island!

The Aquascutum is divine! Tiny tiny checks that all match!

Hooray! Best Wishes!

I love your pretty ring! Aw! I remember the day of my engagement it was so exciting!It is a great feeling! Enjoy! :smile:

A lovely mermaid..
View attachment 2350702
View attachment 2350703
View attachment 2350704
View attachment 2350705

Hooray! Love the shells!

View attachment 2350723
View attachment 2350724

So in love with the Liar at the 102 year old Bev Hills House Dealer! Hilarious! Also love fire king! Immoratal!

And yes what a divine print!! I was just cursing the DIY youtubers who told girls to "just cut it off" cause I found something like that. I just saw a great vintage dress on CassieStevens who blogs about DIY and vintage dresses. She used a kind of large bias strip to hem a skirt and make it longer and finish a cut off seam. I love the look.

Perfect bag!

I love handmade vintage. It really makes me feel like I am flipping the bird to F21. No one is going to be wearing my dress! Ever! It's a nice feeling. Homey!

AMAZZZINNGGGGGGGGGGGG

AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

SCORE! it is lovely!

That's so crazy! :sad: Are there any repercussions for stealing coupons?!

Well if they catch him selling them, which is probably what is happening, then yes. No clue what would happen but I think he'd probably no longer have a job.

The thing is these coupons specifically get sold for about 3-4$ each as a whole or if they are cut up into individual sets they go for more. They are high value when used. Or sold.

I was ready to believe it was just a mistake til I checked the stores and NONE of them had the P&G's. Just too large a coincidence and then I got home from thrifting and he'd brought one paper instead of five. So one P&G instead of all five despite me being very specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.