Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna see what I found today? It's good I promise. Anybody ever heard of Alejandro Ingelmo? Today is the first day I heard the name and I am in love.
Found these brand new Alejandro Ingelmo Oscar boots in my size, paid $45 (Laz avert your eyes). The originally retailed for .... Drum roll.... $1285. They are so pretty. Shiny leather, dark plum color - gorgeous! Also found $3 vintage Fendi clip ons and a pair of brand new Matt Bernson leather flats $6.
Magda is on a thriftin' roll! Go Magda do the happy dance!!!:wlae::yahoo:

Wanna see what I found today? It's good I promise. Anybody ever heard of Alejandro Ingelmo? Today is the first day I heard the name and I am in love.
Found these brand new Alejandro Ingelmo Oscar boots in my size, paid $45 (Laz avert your eyes). The originally retailed for .... Drum roll.... $1285. They are so pretty. Shiny leather, dark plum color - gorgeous! Also found $3 vintage Fendi clip ons and a pair of brand new Matt Bernson leather flats $6.

A-mazing boots Magda! Love the Fendi too :smile:

Wow! Did you find the fendi in the glass case or just hanging in an area?

Found tons of designer jeans. no additional discount, so I didn't get them.
For some reason it just hit me that JCouture makes jeans... I don't remember seeing them at the store... probably didn't pay attention.
They do well on the bay?

Oh. and some vintage YSL heels. they are so cheap on the bay!

Oh... and a fake Chanel for $30

HOLY MACARONI!!

Those are amazing and of course I would have shelled out the money for those too! They are fabulous! Did you do that touch-down dance and wiggle? You should!

Magda is on a thriftin' roll! Go Magda do the happy dance!!!:wlae::yahoo:

A-mazing boots Magda! Love the Fendi too :smile:

Wow! Did you find the fendi in the glass case or just hanging in an area?

Found tons of designer jeans. no additional discount, so I didn't get them.
For some reason it just hit me that JCouture makes jeans... I don't remember seeing them at the store... probably didn't pay attention.
They do well on the bay?

Oh. and some vintage YSL heels. they are so cheap on the bay!

Oh... and a fake Chanel for $30
Thank you thrifty friends! The boots are so unbelievable!!
The Fendi earrings were outside of the case, just hanging there with the rest of the stuff.

You are on fire!!! Woooooo

Picked this up at Value Village for $5.88 today.

IMG_4713_zps547767fd.jpg

My first Dooney & Bourke (I saw another one in Toronto for $9 but didn't get it then, suffered from thrift regret)! It's quite dirty though. Any suggestions on how to clean it?

I was just wondering...

Have you guys EVER seen candles at thrift stores? I just realized that I rarely do.

I do often! And they are sometimes very very inexpensive. Even less expensive than couponing or Ikea. I just was in a thrift last week that had candles 50% off the already low low Lazlo-approved low prices. So I bought a bunch.

A Yankee Christmas Wreath (their strongest biggest jar candle) for 25 cents. I would say it has been burned 20% down. And unburned tea candles, 10 for 10 cents. I stocked up.

Love candles! Always trying to figure out a practical way to use the tapers, since there's often lots of those for 5-25 cents ....

I do often! And they are sometimes very very inexpensive. Even less expensive than couponing or Ikea. I just was in a thrift last week that had candles 50% off the already low low Lazlo-approved low prices. So I bought a bunch.

A Yankee Christmas Wreath (their strongest biggest jar candle) for 25 cents. I would say it has been burned 20% down. And unburned tea candles, 10 for 10 cents. I stocked up.

Love candles! Always trying to figure out a practical way to use the tapers, since there's often lots of those for 5-25 cents ....
The tapers would look lovely in the pink room!

I was just wondering...

Have you guys EVER seen candles at thrift stores? I just realized that I rarely do.

I agree with Lazlo, I see candles VERY often. BUT I rarely see perfumes. So far, I have only seen 5 empty perfume bottles and 2 bottles of Avon perfume that are 3/4 full. :nogood:

The tapers would look lovely in the pink room!

If I could find a way to burn a taper without any risk. Like a glass jar hurricane? One that could be easily cleaned up cause man the tapers melt like WHOA!

I agree with Lazlo, I see candles VERY often. BUT I rarely see perfumes. So far, I have only seen 5 empty perfume bottles and 2 bottles of Avon perfume that are 3/4 full. :nogood:

Keep the faith ... it only takes the right timing!

I've been focused on perfumes for ... 9 months or so and it's getting a bit too large for the tiny area I have for that ...

Often I go a full month seeing nothing at all. Nothing Lebowski, Nothing. Then I'll hit the big time and see 8 at once. Also overpriced vintage perfume is annoying cause I never know if it has turned. But the same rules ... like made in Italy, France, England I buy quickly and figure it out later!

If I could find a way to burn a taper without any risk. Like a glass jar hurricane? One that could be easily cleaned up cause man the tapers melt like WHOA!

Keep the faith ... it only takes the right timing!

I've been focused on perfumes for ... 9 months or so and it's getting a bit too large for the tiny area I have for that ...

Often I go a full month seeing nothing at all. Nothing Lebowski, Nothing. Then I'll hit the big time and see 8 at once. Also overpriced vintage perfume is annoying cause I never know if it has turned. But the same rules ... like made in Italy, France, England I buy quickly and figure it out later!
I think I read somewhere that placing tapers in freezer overnight slows the burn. I know what you me about the drips, why I mainly purchase jar candles. I have 2 sets of Baldwin brass wall sconces that I put tapers in, but they have the glass that I place over the candles. It's the main reason I will sell the Waterford crystal candlesticks I found at Goodwill. They hold tapers, but the wax is a bear to clean out of the cut crystal. Those little glass plates you put at base of taper ( bobeches I believe ) do help the excess drips.

Really? I just checked and the IM are going for $20 the insoles are even better looking than the ones I saw... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isabel-Mara...88748?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item1e7e0b4d2c

The insides were just ruined really bad
Do you think it still would sell??

Oh you showed a different one. This is vintage I guess. I always look at Isabel marant items on the bay and they always do well because he has a following.

I actually found a dress at the thrift store for $12! Priced it for $350 on posh and traded for an iPad mini!
Here it is! Brand new!!!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1376201214.982538.jpg

Here are some of my thrift finds!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1376201283.182217.jpg
Jbrand coated jeans and Vince long sleeve top, both $7
Also got a sky dress new with tags, bcbg long dress, Marni heels and Pedro Garcia heels, will take pics tomorrow!! Too tired! Lol!!

Oh you showed a different one. This is vintage I guess. I always look at Isabel marant items on the bay and they always do well because he has a following.

I actually found a dress at the thrift store for $12! Priced it for $350 on posh and traded for an iPad mini!
Here it is! Brand new!!!
View attachment 2290764

Here are some of my thrift finds!
View attachment 2290766
Jbrand coated jeans and Vince long sleeve top, both $7
Also got a sky dress new with tags, bcbg long dress, Marni heels and Pedro Garcia heels, will take pics tomorrow!! Too tired! Lol!!

Gorgeous as usual! Love the coated jeans. Way to go on the iPad!! I love posh :smile:

These boots are to die for!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.