Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomsmom said:
I think I will leave it alone for now and just enjoy using it. There aren't any stains, it looks kind of "rugged" if that makes sense. People I've shown it to IRL love it so i believe it looks ok, lol.

That's so awesome! I have 3Bals, mine are darker though. How about asking CeeJay, she has a Bal collection to die for and ask what she uses. Apple is a nice mild conditioner, but I would see what she recommends.

It's not a thrift find or a secondhand bargain, but I did find it in my house it needs to be cleaned or replated but I think it's beautiful.

Attachments

• image-2311710761.png
    image-2311710761.png
    293 KB · Views: 518
A few days ago, I teased about my finding an HG of mine at a thrift store. I've always wanted this after seeing it in a James Bond movie, but they're beyond expensive and I thought it was outside the realm of possibility ! Until I found it thrifting!

HERMES BLACK CROC COLLIER DE CHIEN BELT!!

Wow gorgeous!

That's so awesome! I have 3Bals, mine are darker though. How about asking CeeJay, she has a Bal collection to die for and ask what she uses. Apple is a nice mild conditioner, but I would see what she recommends.

Thank you for the advice :smile:

It's not a thrift find or a secondhand bargain, but I did find it in my house it needs to be cleaned or replated but I think it's beautiful.

That is beautiful!

glamourous1098 said:
A few days ago, I teased about my finding an HG of mine at a thrift store. I've always wanted this after seeing it in a James Bond movie, but they're beyond expensive and I thought it was outside the realm of possibility ! Until I found it thrifting!

Holy shotoli!!!!! OMG!!!! Wow!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

I echo those sentiments! How pretty. I've seen some of those around here but they weren't silver...I would have picked them up if they were!

Wow, how beautiful! Congrats!

A few more finds ... I've been busy busy busy like a very thrifty bee!

dragon032.jpg

I got these for $1
dragon033.jpg

Dolce and Gabana weird jeans

dragon036.jpg

I'm a fan of the strange

dragon040.jpg

Garage sale clutch ...

This was a fun sale ... and they had this TINY baby chihuahua ... named Lulu
dragon042.jpg

This is a really large handmade tote ... it was made by a woman's Momma who was an art teacher. Now that our city has a "no bags at the stores" policy I want nice looking bags ...
dragon043.jpg

dragon044.jpg

This one is HUGE ... I could carry thee bowling balls in here, amd maybe 12 pins. And my bowling shoes. And your bowling shoes.

dragon045.jpg

I like the tapestry material

These were both $1

They are beautifully made, fully lined and interior pockets ... so nice! I love handmade things.
dragon046.jpg

$1 silk blouse that I am going to make a jacket out of ....

dragon049.jpg

dragon066.jpg

Silk ... 80's ... Will be adorable with my $1.20 7's

dragon064.jpg

teal silk blouse $1
dragon077.jpg

Awwwww my alma mater

blue090.jpg

10 cent coffee mug!

It looks like root beer ...
blue101.jpg

Another dime another coffee mug ... fancy that a downright romance!

blue103.jpg

No clue what this says ... anyone have better eyes? I think this cup is someone's finely done handiwork! Looks like someone made it, glazed it, kilned it ...

dragon090.jpg

20 cent pencil skirt ... I need ... many many pencil skirts. I really dislike the high waisted trend in pants ... but I love a good pencil skirt!

dragon085.jpg

$1 skirt Fiorucci
dragon086.jpg

This skirt is linen and cotton and had been so over starched it practically stood on its own. So I washed it. Twice, In hot water. Now it is soft and smooth. If this site has taught me anything, it's to be brave when it comes to washing things. It says Dry Clean only but linen and cotton is not really designed to never meet water. So ... another garment saved! By a washer.

So much cheap silk! I love that light one...looks grey?

Yesterday I did find these shoes at my local flea market, made in Italy and new. I paid 1 euro. Dh doesn't like them at all... he says they are VERY VERY 90s! LOL

What do you think? They're so comfy!

immagine008dst.jpg

immagine011nr.jpg

I think they're cute! I'm surpised, they don't look like they'd be comfortable.

Yayyy great news about getting your money back!

And the verdict from the Balenciaga authenticators is in...Authentic but probably dyed. Omg.. The bag was 7.99 :biggrin:

That is the most amazing thing I've heard in a while :faint:. Congrats, you're so lucky!

jamamcg said:
Im back :biggrin:.
I AM IN SHOCK I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF MY CLOTHES WERE LOST. Honestly i think $150 is not enough :graucho:.
i always panic when i go on holiday that my suitcase will get lost so i put all my irreplaceable items in my hand luggage.
i hope you get all your clothing back, but for now enjoy spending the money.

annemerrick said:
Valentine.....you are so brave! I would be a MESS if my clothes were lost! Too many irreplaceable items!! Enjoy that $$$$ in the meantime. NM Last Call is having a HUGE sale. The other day many things were an extra 50% off the lowest price....even the already heavily discounted. I got a great pair of pale pink Jbrand jeans for $40 and a pair of Pedro Garcia heels that i have been wanting on sale from $490 to $70.

Thanks ladies! Don't feel too bad for me... I've gotten Jbrand jeans, a Vince shirt, a James Perse shirt, true religions, a free people skirt, a Vince dress, and a DVF dress out of the ordeal. And I'm going to pretend its just free money and that they'll find my things.

And the shipment is insured, so worst case scenario, I may not get everything I had before, but I'll get some money to help restock.

Their 30% off pass is expiring soon so I had to head to the Village. I'm pretty happy with my finds :biggrin:.

DSC09260.jpg

leather box purse: $4.80
fur/leather clutch/wallet: $2.10

Anyone know what kind of fur this is? I thought it was fake at first, but it has to be real since it's attached to a skin. It's not very soft. What kind of fur feels fake??

DSC09276.jpg

Christian Dior - red lapel wool blazer: $5.60
Tristan & Iseut - Flared brown skirt: $3.50

They actually had another Dior blazer for the same price but I left it behind. Both were too big for me. I liked the colour combination on this one so I plan to tailor it.

The skirt has such a cute and flirty hem!

DSC09262.jpg

Urban Behavior leather jacket: $10.50

I know this is just a mall brand, but their leather jackets are amazing! The fit and style are always wonderful.

DSC09283.jpg

Joe Fresh - babydoll trench coat: $4.90

They actually sell this line in our grocery stores here...but surprisingly, this was great quality! 100% cotton. I thought it was vintage at first! I found a picture of it on the runway:

15-3.jpg

Finally, my favourite find today...one of my favourite finds of all time...

DSC09263.jpg

Parasuco - denim biker jacket: $9.90

This jacket is insane!! It's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever found. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a denim motorcycle jacket, and this one's probably the flashiest in existence.

The metal shoulder plates won me over:

DSC09269.jpg

Reminds me of Versace over-the-topness. Just look at the back...the collar is lined in faux leopard fur, and there's yet another metal plate:

DSC09275.jpg

All of the zippers are huge, and heavy!

They wanted $18 for it at first, but I managed to get $5 off since the back plate was falling off :biggrin:.

Last edited:
I went to one of my favorite thrift stores for "Black Friday" early this morning. I purchased some china earlier this week, and went back to retrieve the rest! Everything in the store was 40% off....so there were some fabulous bargains to be found! My favorite find is this tiny Ferragamo bag/belt. It was $1.99, but 40% off was $1.20. I love it! So a pic of my purse and my china....
Beautiful!

Their 30% off pass is expiring soon so I had to head to the Village. I'm pretty happy with my finds :biggrin:.

DSC09260.jpg

Anyone know what kind of fur this is? I thought it was fake at first, but it has to be real since it's attached to a skin. It's not very soft.

DSC09276.jpg

They actually had another Dior blazer for the same price but I left it behind. Both were too big for me, but I liked the lapels on this one so I'll get it tailored.

DSC09262.jpg

I know this is just a mall brand, but their leather jackets are amazing! The fit and style are always wonderful.

DSC09283.jpg

They actually sell this line in our grocery stores here...but surprisingly, this was great quality! 100% cotton. I thought it was vintage at first! I found a picture of it on the runway:

15-3.jpg

Finally, my favourite find today...and one of my favourite finds of all time...

DSC09263.jpg

This jacket is insane!! It's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever found. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a denim motorcycle jacket, and this one's probably the flashiest in existence.

DSC09269.jpg

Reminds me of Versace over-the-topness. Just look at the back...the collar is lined in faux leopard fur, and there's yet another metal plate:

DSC09275.jpg

They wanted $18 for it at first, but I managed to get $5 off since the plate was falling off :biggrin:.
wow!

DSC09260.jpg

Anyone know what kind of fur this is? I thought it was fake at first, but it has to be real since it's attached to a skin. It's not very soft.

DSC09276.jpg

They actually had another Dior blazer for the same price but I left it behind. Both were too big for me. I liked the colour combination on this one so I plan to tailor it.

DSC09262.jpg

DSC09283.jpg

15-3.jpg

DSC09263.jpg

DSC09269.jpg

DSC09275.jpg

They wanted $18 for it at first, but I managed to get $5 off since the back plate was falling off :biggrin:.
Love that jacket and a baby doll trench in the grocery store?....love it!The lapels are the Dior is right on time, the red is totally awesome.

wildfury said:

Anyone know what kind of fur this is? I thought it was fake at first, but it has to be real since it's attached to a skin. It's not very soft. What kind of fur feels fake??

That Dior blazer is amazing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.