Second thoughts...

belou47

O.G.
Nov 9, 2007
Hi everyone, I did not know what to do with my last purchase.
I've just bought the NF tahitienne, but I am not still really sure if I should keep it.
I find it really beautiful, I love how the pink pattern brightens the bag, but I wonder now if it is not too loud (my husband do think so). And I am also thinking about chipping issues (already happened with some other items I've bought before). I have never had a monogram bag in the canvas because it is too ostentatory (only azur and black empreinte), and now I wonder if the pink pattern of the NF is not too much.
Last year I've bought the Alma BB in hot pink, exchanged it for a black Mazarine (to be more reasonneable), but now I reconsider it as I don't use totes as much already have a Gucci swing that I rarely use). I love this small bag and it was a deal breaker to exchange it last year, but it was too small at the time. Now I have bigger bags so I think I could give it a second try.
What do you think guys : keep the NF or buy the Alma ?

Agreed. I always know immediately after bringing a bag home if it is a keeper or not - if I have doubts, I take it back. If I love it, I know I will carry it straight away. This stuff is expensive, so it has to be just right. Having said that, I adore the Tahitiennes NF and I would personally keep it, but that's just me.

I've only ever returned 1 bag and it was recently. I had thought long and hard about the Alma in epi. I knew I wanted the Alma, I knew I wanted noir, I knew I wanted silver hardware. I can downsize with no problem, so I thought the BB would be best as I could wear her cross body AND handheld. When she arrived, instead of an OMG moment, it was hmmmmmm. So I put her away and tried again the next day. Still a hmmmmm. On day 3 I returned it and got the PM. When I tried the PM on, it was a definite OMG. If you don't love it right out of the box, it's not the one for you - return it.

funny, i just returned the tahitiennes neverfull and got an alma bb, lol. i just didn't love the print on the neverfull and prefer it on the slgs. i personally love the alma bb and use the ones i have often. i would say buy/keep what you love and what you will use : )

Reactions: Pickle123
I agree with the others. If you have not used it and are not in love, return it. It is too expensive to sit in your closet and I am sure someone else will be very happy to get the Neverfull once you have returned it [emoji6]

Hi girls, thanks all for your input ! I agree with everyone and will exchange the bag. I called my SA today to ask her to order the Alma BB in Hot pink and rose ballerine ; unfortunately the Hot pink is discontinued and unavalaible in France, she'll try to see in other countries if there is one left. If not, I'll take the RB without regret (last year I was already debating between these two, I think things should have been like that).
Thanks again, and see you soon for a reveal !

Reactions: Pickle123
Hi girls, thanks all for your input ! I agree with everyone and will exchange the bag. I called my SA today to ask her to order the Alma BB in Hot pink and rose ballerine ; unfortunately the Hot pink is discontinued and unavalaible in France, she'll try to see in other countries if there is one left. If not, I'll take the RB without regret (last year I was already debating between these two, I think things should have been like that).
best of luck and looking forward to your reveal : )

I believe you've made the right decision. Looking forward to your reveal.