Second thoughts?

gbscia

O.G.
Sep 6, 2006
I just purchased my first azur galliera bag and am a bit apprehensive about keeping it as I am reading that people are having problems with the rings. I have two other LV bags, the mirage speedy and the eclipse speedy, each looking brand new since they are so dark in color and neither has any vachetta. I hope the light color doesnt turn darker with use? I take excellent care of my bags so I will be careful but....

The vachetta will definitely turn darker over time..
Anyways, as long as you love the bag, I think you should keep it. Just because you're worried about something happening in the future doesn't mean that you should stop yourself from using it now. It'll be a while until it does turn too dark, but for the time being.. just enjoy your Galliera!

Patina isn't such a bad thing, think of it as a badge of slow enjoyment. :yes:

And since this is your first bag with vachetta, take your time and just enjoy !

It can do both, it will gradually darken over time, and it depends on how its being worn as to whether it's dirt or the honeying of the leather.

Please do a search in the FAQ subforum about patina, there are a LOT more threads on the topic. :yes:

I just purchased my first azur galliera bag and am a bit apprehensive about keeping it as I am reading that people are having problems with the rings. I have two other LV bags, the mirage speedy and the eclipse speedy, each looking brand new since they are so dark in color and neither has any vachetta. I hope the light color doesnt turn darker with use? I take excellent care of my bags so I will be careful but....

Sorry to break it to you, but I have one of the original Galliera Mono's, and it has worn very badly. As a matter of fact, I was at my local LV store just today, and asked the SA to take a few pics of my bag and send them to quality control to see if they can replace some of the vachetta, at their expense, because the leather has gotten so dark from the hardware. I'm hoping that they will want to do something because even if I carry this bag around, it is very bad advertising for LV to have one of their bags looking so awful. Good luck with it. Apparently, though, LV solved the problem with the newer models, so maybe you'll be in luck!

I have 2 galliera's and I do not have any problems with the black marks. Just if you start to notice anything take a clean pencil eraser to it and it will take care of the problem

Hi everyone;

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but today's is in regard to that problem I had with my Galliera PM monogram....LV actually replaced the worn vachetta and rings, and at my own expense, I got a new shoulder strap. After waiting around a month, I received the bag with the new leather, and naturally, the original vachetta piping didn't match the replaced leather, but after a number of months, the new vachetta has aged to match the original, and the bag looks gorgeous again! I've been wearing it again for about 6 months, and I'm not experiencing any of the same darkening on the vachetta from the gold-tone hardware rings! Obviously there was a problem with the production of those first Galliera bags, but LV has resolved the issue, and mine looks new again. At least you know that when you buy LV, they stand behind their goods, so spending those big bucks is worth it!

If you just bought yours, chances are it is the 'improvised' version with plastics on the brass rings to prevent the darkening issue. The patina will definitely set in gradually but it will take quite a while to get really dark. I think you should just enjoy it the best you can - it's a beautiful bag; so fresh and chic!