Second thoughts on my first chanel...

BagZPlz

Dec 27, 2017
Hi everyone! I have a question... I was ordering my first Chanel bag a week or so ago and I saw his beautiful, shiny, puffy caviar on this new medium boy bag which I fell in love with! I ended up ordering the bag in small and was so excited to see it, but... when I laid eyes on it I didn't feel that same excitement. The caviar was muted and flat (IMO). I took it home nonetheless and kept opening the box to see it in hopes that I'd fall in love with it, but sparks are not flying :sad: I kept trying to convince myself to keep it but the thought is still nagging me. Should I keep or return? I feel like it's such a small detail that I don't wanna bother my SA with... but at the same time I want to be 100% sure about my first Chanel. I believe the bag I saw initially was from 18p and mine might be 18s (although I'd have to re-check). I've attached pics below... thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_7237.JPG
    IMG_7237.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_7295.JPG
    IMG_7295.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 549
The first pic shows the new medium boy with that shiny puffy leather I saw in store. The second is the small boy bag that I received.

Here's another pic of the caviar that I fell in love with!

Attachments

• IMG_7240.JPG
    IMG_7240.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 527
2 things to consider and it’s hard to do via photos. Is the caviar really puffier and shinier on the new medium boy? Remember that when you have a new medium size itsnpossible the quilting look smaller and hence puffier or shinier in comparison but may not be in reality? It’s a trick of the eyes on proportion possibly? Then there’s always the possibility that one bag or even a different seasons bag has diff caviar

However if you don’t feel the love then I doubt it matters why. Return and wait too see one you love other wise why spent thousands? Don’t settle because of perceived Exclusivity or difficult to get. It’s difficult to get a Picasso also but if I don’t know how to appreciate it I sure won’t blow my life savings on keeping one :thinking:

Reactions: EmilyM111
2 things to consider and it’s hard to do via photos. Is the caviar really puffier and shinier on the new medium boy? Remember that when you have a new medium size itsnpossible the quilting look smaller and hence puffier or shinier in comparison but may not be in reality? It’s a trick of the eyes on proportion possibly? Then there’s always the possibility that one bag or even a different seasons bag has diff caviar

However if you don’t feel the love then I doubt it matters why. Return and wait too see one you love other wise why spent thousands? Don’t settle because of perceived Exclusivity or difficult to get. It’s difficult to get a Picasso also but if I don’t know how to appreciate it I sure won’t blow my life savings on keeping one :thinking:

I was wondering that too, that it might be proportions or something tricking my eyes. But I'm very positive, based on what I've seen in person, that the caviar was just different on each bag. Initially, I didn't actually want a caviar bag. I always preferred the look of lambskin. But when I laid eyes on the new medium in store, I felt that sort of excitement you feel when you know "this is it! This is the bag of my dreams!" However, what you've said is true. I can't keep something I won't get use from or something I simply am disappointed with. I think it'll be a detail that would bug me whenever I took it out... I still keep hoping that whenever I open the box that it'll just miraculously become the exact bag I want

I really like them both... you should be happy so return it and wait until you find exactly what you are looking for. I guess the puffiness of the quilting is not something that would make me like the bag more or less, it is just different, not better or worse.

Hi everyone! I have a question... I was ordering my first Chanel bag a week or so ago and I saw his beautiful, shiny, puffy caviar on this new medium boy bag which I fell in love with! I ended up ordering the bag in small and was so excited to see it, but... when I laid eyes on it I didn't feel that same excitement. The caviar was muted and flat (IMO). I took it home nonetheless and kept opening the box to see it in hopes that I'd fall in love with it, but sparks are not flying :sad: I kept trying to convince myself to keep it but the thought is still nagging me. Should I keep or return? I feel like it's such a small detail that I don't wanna bother my SA with... but at the same time I want to be 100% sure about my first Chanel. I believe the bag I saw initially was from 18p and mine might be 18s (although I'd have to re-check). I've attached pics below... thoughts?
Seems you are not really convinced with the bags, so it is wise to return it.