Second thoughts !! Chanel double flap SIZE !!

Wich Size looks better on me?

• M/L size

• Jumbo size

Results are only viewable after voting.

PRNCES.N

Apr 29, 2014
Hello Ladies !

I've been dreaming about my first Chanel Double Flap for a long time, I went to the Chanel boutique in Portland and put my name in the waiting list for the JUMBO size after watching a lot of videos, I was pretty sure to get that size but since they didn't have in the store I didn't try it. They told me it would take from 6 months to one year !!
Last weekend I went to Las Vegas and finally got the opportunity to go to the different Chanel boutiques there and try both bags: the M/L size and Jumbo size. Since I wasn't sure about the size, I took pictures to see how it looks on me, and I think the Jumbo looks big on me, I'm tall but also very skinny. I also asked for opinions from the people there (other customers), and most of the said the M/L size looks better on me for my body shape.

I ended up buying the M/L size in caviar leather with gold hardware . . . but I just want to make sure I made the right decision..

I know that it depends if I want to use it for special occasions or every day, but I'm ok with both sizes, I'm more worried about how it looks on me, so please if you would give me your opinions I will appreciate it !

** In secret I'm thinking to keep the M/L in gold hardware for more "special occasions" and later get the Jumbo with silver for more "every day" or casual :graucho:.. but maybe it's too much??

Attachments

• la foto 2-5.JPG
    la foto 2-5.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,641
I have the same dilemma but I will be getting the jumbo in ghw black cavier since there are not a lot of special occasions I go to that the M/L would be useful for that I will go to. Jumbo to me is more bang for your buck as every day and I will use my WOC for special occasions. m/l just too small IMO for how much it cost but it works for some people so it depends on what you want to carry.

Hello Ladies !

I've been dreaming about my first Chanel Double Flap for a long time, I went to the Chanel boutique in Portland and put my name in the waiting list for the JUMBO size after watching a lot of videos, I was pretty sure to get that size but since they didn't have in the store I didn't try it. They told me it would take from 6 months to one year !!

Last weekend I went to Las Vegas and finally got the opportunity to go to the different Chanel boutiques there and try both bags: the M/L size and Jumbo size. Since I wasn't sure about the size, I took pictures to see how it looks on me, and I think the Jumbo looks big on me, I'm tall but also very skinny. I also asked for opinions from the people there (other customers), and most of the said the M/L size looks better on me for my body shape.

I ended up buying the M/L size in caviar leather with gold hardware . . . but I just want to make sure I made the right decision..

I know that it depends if I want to use it for special occasions or every day, but I'm ok with both sizes, I'm more worried about how it looks on me, so please if you would give me your opinions I will appreciate it !

** In secret I'm thinking to keep the M/L in gold hardware for more "special occasions" and later get the Jumbo with silver for more "every day" or casual :graucho:.. but maybe it's too much??

I prefer the M/L on you. Beautiful!

I think the M/L looks great on you! I'd certainly keep it. I have the jumbo & rarely wear it. It's just too big for my frame. I think you made the right decision. It's perfect!

I think you should get both ;). The M/L looks great with the single chain and the jumbo with the double chain. I would definitely keep the M/L. I got a jumbo recently and I love it, but decided I also needed an M/L too. I think they bags fit different purposes so they are not mutually exclusive IMO. Looks great....congrats on your purchase!

I was all set to say jumbo, (that's what I have) but seeing your pics I think the m/L looks more in proportion with you. However, the jumbo carries more. So it's up to how you intend to use it. Good luck dear.😊. Both are lovely! !

Honestly you made the right decision IMO. The m/l looks great on you (perfect size for your frame) but I agree with others that the jumbo looks great on you too. So I will say enjoy the m/l now and get the jumbo later :-P

Both look great! I personally don't think the Jumbo looks too big on you, I am also very petite and got a Jumbo as my first Chanel (and couldn't be happier with it) and I am seriously considering a Maxi! Do you plan to use this as an everyday bag? My basics wouldn't all fit in the medium so as much as I do love the medium and plan to get one and it would be more of a dinner, special occasions bag. I would eventually get both :biggrin:

Honestly you made the right decision IMO. The m/l looks great on you (perfect size for your frame) but I agree with others that the jumbo looks great on you too. So I will say enjoy the m/l now and get the jumbo later :-P

+1

Jumbo is a different look and I agree with the other ladies it looks good on you too. You look very stylish and both bags compliment you well.

It really comes down to how much space you need. I live by a rule where if I carry smaller bags, I will be less inclined to carry too much. I don't want shoulder problems from carrying huge heavy bags in the future when I'm older!