Second thoughs and Regrets

crisei30

Feb 18, 2008
I'm planning on getting my first LV this summer either June or July in the Damier Ebene Speedy either the 30 or 35. But now it feel like I'm having second thoughts about getting the bag. Its not that I don't want one because I do and I was supposed to have gotten one last year,but things happened to where I had to put it on hold until this year. And now it feel like I'm going to regret it if I decide to go ahead and get one,and my thing is that I hate regret let alone having them,and therefore I would like to know is it normal to have second thoughts before making a big purchase?

I think it is normal to have some second thoughts before a BIG purchase...especially since this will be your first LV purchase. I did go through a "guilty" phase after my first LV. But that quickly wore off and I was on to my second...third...fourth....and now I've lost count. :P

But if you are having second thoughts because you may need the money for something else in your life, then you may want to put off this purchase for now until you are good and ready and wont have even one second guess about whether it is a the right thing to do or not.

Yes.... having a second thought/ doubt before making a big purchase is normal. I do that all the time. Do not focus too much on the price tag, just think about how much use you get out of the bag. $750/1825 days (assuming you keep the bag for 5 years) = 0.41/day

i was the same as you... i could not get myself to buy 700$ worth of bag... but i do want to have my first LV bag. So I decided to get myself a preloved. i got a 300$ petit noe in excellent used condition. the next is also a preloved musette salsa for 280. then hubby gave me the petit bucket brand new... then the boutique shopping experience started... and to date i have 13 LV bags!!!

bottom line.. i went through some phases... you might want to try the same. GL

If you have the spare money and never bought anything expensive for yourself then you should go for it.

Every woman deserve a nice bag to call her own.

Are you feeling hesitant because of the price or the style of the bag?

Would you feel this way if the bag is $200 or if another bag in a similar price range is what you want to buy?

I can understand how you feel, but I will say that your choice of bag - Damier Ebene Speedy in 30 or 35 - is really a classic. I have that bag in the 30, and you can carry it every day, rain or shine, and it holds a ton (even the 30 does, so I'm sure the 35 must as well!) The Speedy is a classic shape, so you can carry that bag years from now and my guess is LV will still have it in their current line, so it won't look "dated."

I think we are all so used to thinking about these expensive handbags here that we forget that spending upwards of $700 or $800 for a handbag is a little crazy by most people's standards, but I will say that I have gotten far more use out of my Ebene Speedy than I have many other less expensive bags.