Second LV bag - what to buy in Paris?

Mandamanda

O.G.
Apr 17, 2011
I'm going to Paris for my 30th birthday in late May (my birthday is actually late April, but the trip had to wait because of work conflicts). I'm a huge planner so I'm already thinking about what I want to buy while I'm there as a present for myself.

I already have a Neverfull MM DE that I got in London in 2013. I'm hoping to buy something in mono and trying to decide what the best option is. I want to spend around $1,000 USD, and based on the conversion rates and VAT refunds that opens up bags that would normally be as much as $1,500 in the US.

So, if you had that budget and were looking to add a second bag, what would you recommend? I'm torn between a classic like the Speedy B or more of a shoulder bag like the Delightful or Artsy. [ETA: I'm also open to other suggestions, if there are any you think I should consider!]

Also, which Paris location do you recommend? I didn't go into the CE location when I was in Paris last time, so I'm curious, but I've also heard it can be crazy busy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleuSaphir
I'm going to Paris for my 30th birthday in late May (my birthday is actually late April, but the trip had to wait because of work conflicts). I'm a huge planner so I'm already thinking about what I want to buy while I'm there as a present for myself.

I already have a Neverfull MM DE that I got in London in 2013. I'm hoping to buy something in mono and trying to decide what the best option is. I want to spend around $1,000 USD, and based on the conversion rates and VAT refunds that opens up bags that would normally be as much as $1,500 in the US.

So, if you had that budget and were looking to add a second bag, what would you recommend? I'm torn between a classic like the Speedy B or more of a shoulder bag like the Delightful or Artsy.

Also, which Paris location do you recommend? I didn't go into the CE location when I was in Paris last time, so I'm curious, but I've also heard it can be crazy busy.
What do you feel would be a better fit for your lifestyle and what type of bags do you already have, regardless of brand? I personally would go with the Delightful because it is such an incredibly comfortable bag due to the wide strap, but I know a lot of women fall in love with the Artsy. The only way to know for sure would be to go into the store, try them all on, and then go with the one that speaks to you the most...for all you know you may come across a piece that you otherwise would have never looked twice at.

Last edited:
You're better off going to Paris in May, it's typically nicer weather than in April (still can be rainy, though, so definitely pack an umbrella!). I love the location on Avenue Montaigne and can recommend my SA Marie-Laure, she's lovely beyond words. The location in Saint Germain right next to Café de Flore is also nice, though they were just finishing up renovations to redesign the store and the stock was low and the space isn't elegant as the one on Montaigne. I avoid the Champs-Élysées as a whole like the plague. Have a great trip! I'm headed there next month, and just celebrated my 30th there in December. Enjoy!

I have a mono Delightful and love it! The Artsy felt a little too big for me, but it is all about how you feel when you try it on. The Pochette Metis is a great cross body option, and the Mabillon, which doesn't seem to get a lot of love but It looks like a nice cross body bag. Which style do you prefer more? Totes, hobos, cross body or do you like to carry your bags by the top handles? Speedy B would be the way to go for the versatility. You definitely have an advantage by being able to try the bags on in person. You can tell right away if the bag feels comfortable or fits your lifestyle.

I´d go with the Speedy B. I think it costs close to 1000€ in France. The Delightful is too similar to a Neverfull and the Artsy is a lot more expensive, around 1500 €. But you should try on all the bags you have in mind and then decide in the store :smile: .

Don't go to the CE Store, i have yet to see a time when that store isn't packed with Tourists. As to your bags, i would decide ones you tried out all the bags you have in mind.
I would also consider the Cluny BB, the Tuileries Besace and the Pochette Metis in Monogram. All 3 great bags in monogram.

I have had and sold all of the three bags you mentioned. The Artsy is way too big and heavy and uncomfortable handle (although I did own it for years). The Delightful does not stay on my shoulder and I don't like that it gets really slouchy. The Speedy B I had in 30 and I did not like what it was doing, getting all distorted when I tried to shoulder carry it. If I were you, I would pick the lovely Turenne, either in the PM or MM size, depending on what you need. Such a great bag, more feminine and unique than the Speedy. Mine is the MM size and I absolutely adore it and use it all the time.

How exciting! I agree with everyone who said to try on what you're really considering :heart: I personally love the Speedy B and love the way it conforms a bit to my side when wearing cross body. If that is a concern, you can insert a bag organizer to help retain more shape or a base for it but that would make it stick out too much (in my opinion).

So, if you had that budget and were looking to add a second bag, what would you recommend? I'm torn between a classic like the Speedy B or more of a shoulder bag like the Delightful or Artsy. [ETA: I'm also open to other suggestions, if there are any you think I should consider!]

My favorite location in Paris (and by far) is Avenue Montaigne.

Reactions: Mandamanda and lwn