Second LV bag - what to buy in Paris?

Hi all! I posted about my upcoming trip a while ago but now it is only three weeks from today. Here is what I'm wondering:
1. Am I better off buying my bag in a department store like Galeries Lafayette, since they have a department to handle VAT refunds and give you the global form you can scan rather than wait in line at the airport? What has your experience been getting the VAT refund?
2. Still debating on getting the Delightful PM vs. Speedy B 25. Please share your thoughts![/QU

I wanted to share my experience with the the bags you are interested in. I have the Neverfull GM in DE. It is such a workhorse. I use it for work and travel. I had the mono Delightful and sold it since I felt is was similar to the Neverfull. I didn't like how it would slip off my shoulder. I actually used a luggage strap and carried it cross body. But I rarely used it after received the Neverfull. I love my SpeedyB 25. It can hold so much and gives you the option of hand carry or shoulder. I like the structure of the bag more than the hobo style of the Delightful. Although the Delightful is a lovely bag, it is similar to the neverfull. The Speedy 25 is a great size for the city. I was in NYC shopping and was so glad I had the smaller bag. But again, don't be fooled by the size. It really can hold a ton. If you don't like all the vachetta, you can get the regular speedy and a mono strap to attach to it. I did that with a mono speedy 30 I purchased. I carry the strap in the bag when I need to be hands free. Speedys are classic and never go out of style.

Reactions: Mandamanda
Also, which Paris location do you recommend? I didn't go into the CE location when I was in Paris last time, so I'm curious, but I've also heard it can be crazy busy.

I live about an hour from Paris (and never seem to get there enough), and have to say that I really do not like the CE store. I really like Saint Germain and Xavier, who is very helpful and neither pushy nor snotty.

Hi all! I posted about my upcoming trip a while ago but now it is only three weeks from today. Here is what I'm wondering:
1. Am I better off buying my bag in a department store like Galeries Lafayette, since they have a department to handle VAT refunds and give you the global form you can scan rather than wait in line at the airport? What has your experience been getting the VAT refund?
2. Still debating on getting the Delightful PM vs. Speedy B 25. Please share your thoughts!

I'm not sure about the VAT thing, but the drawback to the department stores such as Galeries Lafayette and Bon Marche is that their selection can be somewhat attenuated.

Hopefully not! But it will be the last for quite a while - we're saving up for a house so no more LV for a while after this. This is for my 30th birthday so I get a pass on this one.

Well happy birthday!
I stopped by the Barcelona store in search of a PM in empriente. They had none. Asked for the round coin purse they had none. I picked up a Felicie in empriente and an epi Neverfull.
I didn't have much time to myself in Paris this time around. I was closest to CE[emoji849]. I waited about 10 mins for assistance and was ready for the let down when I asked for both items. To my surprise they had them. I understand that the round may be discontinued.

I would go to a LV store as opposed to Galeries Lafayette. Tell the SA you want a tax refund (usually they will ask) and they will fill the scannable VAT forms out for you. At Galleries Lafayette there is usually a long line in the VAT department and you get basically the same form that you would get at an LV site without the wait and extra stop.

I went to both St. Germaine and CE shop on my last trip about one month ago. St. G was much less crazy and had a decent selection. If you go to CE store go right after they open on a weekday and it's much less crowded.

Also I have the Speedy B 25 (bought it Paris)....I love it! If you have neverfull I recommend the speedy B as it is a much different look and can still hold a ton.

I would go to a LV store as opposed to Galeries Lafayette. Tell the SA you want a tax refund (usually they will ask) and they will fill the scannable VAT forms out for you. At Galleries Lafayette there is usually a long line in the VAT department and you get basically the same form that you would get at an LV site without the wait and extra stop.

Are these the forms you can just scan without waiting in line at the airport?

Thanks everyone for your help! I ended up going to be Saint Germain boutique and getting a Speedy B 25. I was on a budget so I didn't get anything else, even though it was tempting because the exchange rate was so favorable. I went on a weekday afternoon and had exellent, fast service. The line for the VAT refund was long (be sure to leave some extra time!) but fortunately I was able to just scan the form and drop it in the box. (Please excuse the CVS bag in the background - I snapped this quickly!)

Attachments

• IMG_4299.JPG
    IMG_4299.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 122