Second Love Bracelet Dilemma - Cuff vs. Classic vs. SM. Help!

colorblock

Aug 22, 2012
Hi everyone!

I am the proud owner of a small love bracelet in YG (size 16). I originally went for this SM size because I liked that it was a bit more understated and that I could remove it whenever I felt like it. I wear it to work, but I feel like it flies under the radar given its size and the motifs being smaller. I've also been working from home since March 2020. I would expect to return to work in person a few days a week starting in the Fall (Sept/Oct). For reference, I'm a 30-something nonprofit executive. I'm on all the executive committees and I don't interact with our target population regularly given that I'm in the "corporate" office. But I worry about impressions professionally.

As luck would have it, I love wearing a piece of jewelry 24/7, so I never remove the SM love and I've decided to add another Love to my stack. Each time I go into the store to make a decision though, I'm absolutely torn between the following three (probably like 40%, 40%, 20%). I'm not an indecisive person, so this is really frustrating for me!
  • Classic love - I like that it's the full size, stacks beautifully with the SM love, and it adds visual variation to my stack. I don't love that you can't remove it and that I would have to wear it to work. I also worry about it falling off! My small fell off once and I was heartbroken until I found it.
  • Love cuff - I like that it's the full size, can be removed (and therefore I wouldn't need to wear it to work) and that it adds variation to my stack. I don't love that the 16 is too tight/the SM passes over it OR that the 17 is large enough that the two bracelets don't stack perfectly. Unsure whether I prefer the cuff with or without the diamond.
  • Small love - I like that it's removable and that it stacks well. Don't love that it's not the full size bracelet. I also wouldn't go for the 6 diamond version as I don't think the diamonds pop.
What do you guys think??

Reactions: lovieluvslux
By your description, it sounds like you'd lean toward the first two options. Have you tried them on with your existing bracelet to see how you feel about how they look and feel together? Would the weight of your small be too heavy with the full size?

I don't own multiple (or even one) Love bracelet (yet), so I couldn't provide any valuable insight to the stacked weight.

I'm a 30-something nonprofit executive. I'm on all the executive committees and I don't interact with our target population regularly given that I'm in the "corporate" office. But I worry about impressions professionally.

I think you’ve thought it all through carefully. I’m not a stack person, though I love seeing them on others. Would they make noise and attract attention by clicking? That would concern me as much as the look.

From your very thoughtful post, you seem to love the classic LOVE the most (option 1). If you can sometimes wear full length sleeves or a sweater or jacket, when you want to be more low key, I’d say go with your favorite. The style is so classic, I think that it can fly under the radar. But, I don’t work in an office; I’m older; and, no one IRL around me knows about clothes, jewelry or bags, so this is JMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: colorblock
Wow I'm surprised to hear your small love fell off once! I thought for sure that one would be much more secure than the regular love because of the hinge.

It sounds like the the cuff might be the best option for you if you'd find yourself taking it off frequently. I do hear that can weaken the screw, but don't know from personal experience. An SA told me that.

Reactions: Chanellover2015
Stack more than one love bracelets don't make any sound others can hear my two bracelets don't have any loose screws problems

in fact one of the bracelet can't be removed stuck on my wrist forever the staff at Cartier tried to remove it but couldn't do it either...... I have to wear it all the time. I never take off my my bracelets so it's okay for me......

Thanks everyone! You're right that I do really want the classic bracelet....it's definitely my first choice. I've tried everything on with my small and just need to think on it more.

And yes, my small love did fall off once. The screw moved out of the locked position and the bracelet fell off. So grateful that I found it.

I do think to get the small and cuff to line up with each other, you have to do the same size in both. The 16 cuff was TIGHT, whereas in size 17 it felt a lot better. Anyone have experience with this?

• Love
Reactions: 880
Thanks everyone! You're right that I do really want the classic bracelet....it's definitely my first choice. I've tried everything on with my small and just need to think on it more.

And yes, my small love did fall off once. The screw moved out of the locked position and the bracelet fell off. So grateful that I found it.

I do think to get the small and cuff to line up with each other, you have to do the same size in both. The 16 cuff was TIGHT, whereas in size 17 it felt a lot better. Anyone have experience with this?
i vote for the classic Love. I am not a fan of the cuff. I think it looks to masculine...sorry, just my opinion. I can not imagine that the cuff would sit well wearing it with anotehr classic or thin Love. good luck!