Second Jumbo Flap, or Boy?

taraox

Feb 5, 2012
If you already had a beige jumbo flap in lambskin, would you rather have a second jumbo in black caviar? Or a boy bag in black caviar?

I'd always planned on two matching jumbos, one beige and one black, just because they're so beautiful and classic. To be honest, I never actually liked the Boy, and always thought it was kind of ugly. But recently I saw a lady carrying it, and she looked so gorgeous and styled it so well, that she actually changed my mind and now I can't stop thinking about that bag! I still love the black jumbo though, and can't decide if the boy is too edgy or not. The beige jumbo is my holy grail bag because it feels dressy, and goes with a lot of my beige heels etc. I use it more for "going out". The black bag (in either style) would be intended to be used more casually (but not daily). I literally can't decide and am holding off on any more major purchases for a while because I don't want to buy something I regret. Open to thoughts, opinions, and personal preferences! :wondering

have you tried on the boy? do that in your typical day outfit. That will hopefully help decide if its for you and while there try on a black jumbo too. That way you are literally trying on each side by side.

I'm a Jumbo Flap girl all the way! I also went from not liking the boy to admiring it, but ultimately it just doesn't make my heart flutter like a classic flap does.

I'm not really a big fan of the Boy bag (definitely don't think it's edgy) so I'd go for a black Jumbo. Sometimes though a bag can look great on others but still not be what you really want.

A jumbo black will last you a lifetime!

I was contemplating that and how the classic flap bags are still in style, but who knows if the boy will still be stylish years down the road or if it will look dated? I really need to go try on both like mentioned above, but not bring my credit cards with me so I don't make any hasty choices lol.

My advice is get the black jumbo. I have both beige claire and black jumbos and to me black is alittle easier to carry casually. Also, intially I didn't like the boy bag but when it was made with the perfect color and hardware that I loved I had to have it. Let us know what you decide :smile:

I would say Black Jumbo flap all the way! Boy comes in so many materials and patterns that if you wanted to, you could always add one later in an interesting combination for an accent :smile:

I'd normally say Boy since I'm a Boy fan, but since you didn't initially like the bag and it has only recently grown on you (sounds like it might perhaps a temporary "crush", haha), I'd suggest going for the Jumbo black, too! You'll have your two forever classic staple bags and every bag afterward can be something fun or unexpected. :smile: