second interview tomorrow--what to wear

jhazn85

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
i have a second interview tomorrow and i was wondering if it was okay if i wore a pencil skirt with a suit jacket. i wore a full suit to my first interview, but i didnt' want to wear the exact same thing to the second one, so i thought i'd switch out the pants for the skirt. what do u guys think? would i need to wear panty-hose?

It depends how conservative the job interview is. I know many people still think (as silly as it seems) that skirt suits are more formal so that may be a good move to establish that you are serious about the job. I think if you wore a skirt, you should wear pantyhose..as uncomfortable as it is sometimes.

I think you should wear what you would wear there. But since you wore a suit the first time, definitely wear something a bit more fun, if the girls there wear dressy things. So if you have a dressy suit, that would be perfect.

i think it's an OK outfit if the skirt and the jacket are the same color. i wouldn't wear two different colors though. i would wear it with pantyhose. even though the people who work there will be more casually dressed than you, you are still trying to impress them. always better to be overdressed than underdressed

Definitely wear the skirt + jacket. I always wear skirt suits to interviews and client meetings - it looks professional and feminine.

I'd skip the panty-hose (especially in this hot weather!).

I'd wear the pantyhose to the interview. You're dressing to impress and stockings are much more professional. Besides, you might be a little uncomfortable outside wearing them, but when you're in the air conditioned building, you'll be fine. Once you land the job, you can skip them.