Second hand jewelry - LA area?

Antiquarius Center houses lots of different antique stores selling different wares including jewelry. Neil Lane used to have a space there. You can also go downtown to the Jewelry District. There MANY market buildings and different booths/sellers will have antique pieces. You'll find mostly new downtown, with a mix of antique and period pieces. You'll get the best prices there. If you are looking for just fine anitque pieces Antiquarius Center has the most beautiful things. Their prices will reflect the quality.

Antiquarius Center houses lots of different antique stores selling different wares including jewelry. Neil Lane used to have a space there. You can also go downtown to the Jewelry District. There MANY market buildings and different booths/sellers will have antique pieces. You'll find mostly new downtown, with a mix of antique and period pieces. You'll get the best prices there. If you are looking for just fine anitque pieces Antiquarius Center has the most beautiful things. Their prices will reflect the quality.

Thank you jtstitzer!! I will definitly be checking out Antiquarius Center! I've been to downtowns many times and its just too overwhelming for me. So many stores/booths and soooo many pushy sales people.

Do you think XIV karats on beverly blvd has comparable prices to downtown??

XIV Karats will be a little more compared to downtown due to their location and their name, but they have a nice selection and a broad price range. I like that they have more unique pieces, over the commercialized pieces in most of the downtown booths. XIV Karats has really good service and that is another reason their prices are higher. They have a jeweler on site and can do most sizing so that you can leave with your purchases. XIV Karat also has period pieces, but I have never looked. They also have good costume jewelry that can pass as real.:biggrin:

I was there a few years ago (before I moved) and bought a couple rose gold diamond stack bracelets. About .20 tcw for $239. I don't even think I tried to bargain, young a stupid on my part.

Attachments

• IMG_5068.JPG
    IMG_5068.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 88
^^ wow thats a great price for the bangles! Love how you paired them with the silver bangles (David Yarman?)

XIV has really good service I got my princess cut diamonds reset and it only took 30 mins. They came out beutifully! I was pleased :smile: but pricewise for more substancial purchases I guess D-town is still the place to go although I hate it there...

XIV Karats will be a little more compared to downtown due to their location and their name, but they have a nice selection and a broad price range. I like that they have more unique pieces, over the commercialized pieces in most of the downtown booths. XIV Karats has really good service and that is another reason their prices are higher. They have a jeweler on site and can do most sizing so that you can leave with your purchases. XIV Karat also has period pieces, but I have never looked. They also have good costume jewelry that can pass as real.:biggrin:

I was there a few years ago (before I moved) and bought a couple rose gold diamond stack bracelets. About .20 tcw for $239. I don't even think I tried to bargain, young a stupid on my part.

Wow, I didn't know XIV Karats sells period pieces. They are great, I take all my repairs there and have never had a bad experience with the service. However I agree that you may be able to get a better deal somewhere else, their prices seem reasonable, but there are no bargains there from what I've found.