Second Guessing my Neverfull GM...

Hello, I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I tried to do a search and didn't see anything. Be nice. :smile:

I purchased a Neverfull GM for my birthday and was so excited to finally have this bag that I have been lusting after for years. I got home, put my things in it and put it over my shoulders and had a really hard time putting it on and not to mention, the straps are very painful! I guess my arms are too fat because it is a really tight fit. Do any of you have this issue? I am considering returning it and exchanging for something else. This is a really expensive bag to not be too sure about.

I was planning on using the Neverfull for work, so I will be putting my 15" MacBook Pro, planner, notebooks, mouse, charger, etc. in this bag. Knowing this, are there any other bags that would work for me? I am thinking of trying out the Graceful MM. It seems to be just as large as the Neverfull with a thicker strap.

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to tpf! If the bag is not comfortable for you return it!

I’m not sure if a 15 inch laptop will fit any of these bags but they seem to be quite large.
Maybe a tournelle mm is something (M44056) for you?
There is also the All-in MM (M47029) which looks like the neverfull but has broader straps with what seems to be more of a drop.
LV also recently released the surene MM (M43772) which seems to work well as a work tote according to tpf members.
There is also the lockme cabas (M42291) which is an all leather tote similar to the neverfull.
I hope you can find a bag that you love and can use often!

Sorry to hear you don't love your new bag! I have both the Neverfull GM and the Graceful MM and my Neverfull fits a lot more in it (and is easier to get my laptop and stuff in and out of) than the Graceful. I've put my 13" MacBook Pro in the Graceful in a pinch, but I don't think it would be a great everyday option. It makes much more sense as a purse. I'd suggest maybe looking at a pre-loved Totally MM? They don't make it anymore, but all the pockets are great, it fit my laptop, and has thicker straps than the Neverfull.

Can you clarify what you mean by the straps hurting? I do think Neverfulls need a break in period before the straps soften. What print did you purchase? My DE straps hurt. No matter the bag actually for me. But vachetta straps are way more comfortable. Maybe if it’s DE you can exchange for a different print?

Can you clarify what you mean by the straps hurting? I do think Neverfulls need a break in period before the straps soften. What print did you purchase? My DE straps hurt. No matter the bag actually for me. But vachetta straps are way more comfortable. Maybe if it’s DE you can exchange for a different print?

Hello! The straps seem to dig into my shoulder which don't make it very comfortable. I did purchase the DE pattern, but you're saying the Monogram straps are better?

I was going to say - I have the DA with rose ballerine interior and my vachetta straps are super comfortable, and I've loaded mine up with a laptop, water bottle, and all kinds of crap when traveling! :biggrin:

Hello! The straps seem to dig into my shoulder which don't make it very comfortable. I did purchase the DE pattern, but you're saying the Monogram straps are better?

Yes! The mono straps are a 100 times better. They are stiff in the beginning and soften up really nicely. DE stays stiff and digs. I kept my DE Neverfull I honestly love it but the straps kill every time so I don’t use it as much as I’d like. I would just exchange for mono or azur you’ll be happy. Has nothing to do with your arms[emoji6][emoji5]

Reactions: epeLV
Yes! The mono straps are a 100 times better. They are stiff in the beginning and soften up really nicely. DE stays stiff and digs. I kept my DE Neverfull I honestly love it but the straps kill every time so I don’t use it as much as I’d like. I would just exchange for mono or azur you’ll be happy. Has nothing to do with your arms[emoji6][emoji5]

Haha, thank you. The drop on the handles seems quite short, which is what makes me think my arms don't fit. Lol!

I think if you feel the neverfull straps are tight then Graceful really will be. That computer will fit very smug and be a hassle. I suggest Mono NVfull the straps soften with time and seem to stretch a bit with time and weight in the bag.

Reactions: epeLV
I have a mm and the straps did take some time to stretch and soften up. But when the bag is packed it does get tiring to carry. Not a hurt or a digging so much for me but a tired shoulder.

I use mcraft leather strap covers from Etsy. They make the straps more rounded vs flat, and thicker overall, which is more comfortable to wear. But the look, although it is subtle, isn’t for everyone. Here’s some pics of them in action from a long day shopping on my feet. They make a difference in comfort imho. My bag is easily 5 pounds plus daily. If you like the bag enough to be dedicated to keeping it they’re worth more research or a shot. From what I’ve read the neverfull is a great bag for your needs.
2175A2D7-9D5D-4704-8B64-ADFDBBEE53E8.png 4E0B7C18-C849-4046-97D6-126591C31DD6.png

I have two NFs - one with vachetta straps and one with coated leather. I do not consider them vastly different in terms of comfort, and I love how carefree the DE version is.

If the straps are too tight and hurt your shoulder, the design just isn’t right for you. I love my NFs but I just don’t think they’re suited to laptops. Anything heavy on a thin strap will cause discomfort if you’re prone to it.

I’d take back the bag ASAP. I think you need a different bag entirely.

Reactions: Melfontana
Hello, I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I tried to do a search and didn't see anything. Be nice. :smile:

I purchased a Neverfull GM for my birthday and was so excited to finally have this bag that I have been lusting after for years. I got home, put my things in it and put it over my shoulders and had a really hard time putting it on and not to mention, the straps are very painful! I guess my arms are too fat because it is a really tight fit. Do any of you have this issue? I am considering returning it and exchanging for something else. This is a really expensive bag to not be too sure about.

I was planning on using the Neverfull for work, so I will be putting my 15" MacBook Pro, planner, notebooks, mouse, charger, etc. in this bag. Knowing this, are there any other bags that would work for me? I am thinking of trying out the Graceful MM. It seems to be just as large as the Neverfull with a thicker strap.

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Graceful MM will fit the MacBook 15 but won't be able to wearing on the shoulder since you can't wear it in the GM, you maybe better off buy a small pulling luggage I have the MacBook 15", so I know it's really heavy and doesn't fit in most of the bags.

Graceful MM won't be able to hold your MacBook 15" wearing on the shoulder, you maybe better off buy a small pulling luggage I have the MacBook 15", so I know it's really heavy and doesn't fit in most of the bags.
Hi there,

Thanks for the input! I believe my laptop should fit in the All-In MM size, since it is considered a travel bag. I have it on hold at my local Neiman's so, I will find out tomorrow!