Second Ebay Account??

MCAddict

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
I have been wanting to open up a second ebay account, one for buying, and one for selling. I have been affraid that for some reason you can't do that and something would happen to my main account. Is it ok to have more than one ebay account? Can they be linked to the same paypal account, or do I need to set up a new one? Thanks in advance!

i have 2 accounts, 1 for selling and 1 for buying. i dont think i link the "buyer" one with my paypal. when i won something, i will check out through ebay, type in my paypal... and pay.
it will be ok as long as you dont use 1 to bid on ur own auction. if 1 of the account get suspensed, so will the other 1.

^Yes, I would never bid on my own auctions. So you don't have to have a paypal account linked to the second account? I can just open it and use my existing paypal account when I check out?

Does Ebay frown upon (or maybe even prohibit) having two ebay accts?? sp. if they are connected to the same paypal. I would like to have a buying and a selling account as well.

You will need different email accounts. I don't think they have a problem with it unless your buying accounts starts bidding on your selling account.
I've had 2 for about 5 years.
Cheers

I have 2 accounts also. You do need a different email for each ebay acct that you have, but you can link all to one paypal acct. When you sell on the new ID, it will ask you which email you want payment sent to.
You can have as many accts as you want! The downside for sellers is that people like to see high FB, so it makes it harder to keep building FB and work around the new ebay rules which limit you to a certain amount of designer product every 30 and 90 days.

Mmmm.....Pretty soon , you won't need a separate account for selling. Have you heard about the outrageous increase in Final Value Fee? It will be 12+% by 9/16/08. Adding that to your insertion fee and 3% Paypal fee (BTW no checks and money order allowed), you won't have much let over if you sell.

For buying, it is always good to have two accounts, to increase your chance of getting the 10% off coupon. Then again, if you keep buying, what will you do with the excess and those falling out of favor? Can't sell them on eBay.

I have multiple accounts. all linked to 1 PayPal. Don't use multiple accounts from the same computer/ip address. If something happens to 1 then the other will be affected. My husbands got suspended and I didn't know then a few months later my selling account got suspended because they said it was linked. I said we don't sell the same things and we never buy from each other how could it be linked. I eventually figured out it was the ip address since sometimes I will check on his work computer and he will check things on my home computer so somehow we linked. According to *bay if one family member is suspended then they have the right to refuse service to all other members of the family. That statement took a long time for me to get over. anways now I just try to remember the different accounts and which computer I log on. If you don't have multiple place to log in (giving you different ip address) you can always reset your router to get different ip. :sneaky:

Great! I tried to get ebay to email the password for one of my old accounts, but they never sent anything. I know I opened one up w/ that email because I remember doing so but not using it....but it won't let me register it now, so it hasn't been deleted. It also won't give me the password... grr.