Second Damier Neverfull MM Falling Apart

zoe831

O.G.
Oct 22, 2006
I had originally sent my Neverfull MM for strap replacement but it came back damaged. They replaced my Neverfull with a new one which developed a crack in the top trim before I even got a chance to use it! Notice the vertical line in the trim near the top-left dark square (the one to the right of the double-stitching)?

So they replaced the replacement with another one. The second replacement Neverfull now is cracking right across the handle! Not the glaze but the actual handle itself! Notice the little horizontal marks going across?

Brought my bag to the store this past Saturday. They're trying to tell me it's "normal wear and tear"!! They ended up taking pictures and saying they needed to escalate to see what can be done.

I am so upset beyond words rights now. It was bad enough that my original bag got sent out to have its handles repaired but returned damaged, and now even both replacements are falling apart.

I am aware "normal wear and tear" does accumulate but FOUR MONTHS?? In addition, I know the handles on Ebene Neverfull are "fragile" and I never bend my handles. When each Neverfull was new, I even took it home from the store with the handles sticking up in its dust bag.

Attachments

• Neverfull1.jpg
    Neverfull1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 3,773
  • Neverfull2.jpg
    Neverfull2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 3,494
I'm sorry this is happening :sad: although I firmly believe that it's a design issue rather than a quality issue. The same problem happens with the Goyard St-Louis. I think the straps are just too thin to support the weight of the tote when fully packed.

^^^ I agree. The thin straps aren't a good design on such a large tote.

OP I would personally just see if you can get a credit and get something else. The monogram & Azur NF don't seem to have this issue because the leather is untreated. HTH

I'm sorry this is happening :sad: although I firmly believe that it's a design issue rather than a quality issue. The same problem happens with the Goyard St-Louis. I think the straps are just too thin to support the weight of the tote when fully packed.
I agree that the straps might be a bit too thin for the tote. Do the vachetta ones have the same issue? As for the top trim cracking open before I even got to use it, it does make me question their quality control.

^^^ I agree. The thin straps aren't a good design on such a large tote.

OP I would personally just see if you can get a credit and get something else. The monogram & Azur NF don't seem to have this issue because the leather is untreated. HTH
I don't think they will offer me credit. My original bag which was sent out for repair and came back damaged, was actually purchased back when Damier Neverfull was first introduced. So many years later, the price would have increased quite a bit. That's why they only offered me replacement.

When the first replacement had the issue with the top trim they again, offered another replacement. This cracking of the handles is actually the second replacement!

Thanks for your suggestions of the Azur or Monogram due to its non-treated leather. I had originally thought to purchase Damier Ebene because it was darker coloured and therefore, I thought it would be easier to maintain. Obviously not...

I don't think they will offer me credit. My original bag which was sent out for repair and came back damaged, was actually purchased back when Damier Neverfull was first introduced. So many years later, the price would have increased quite a bit. That's why they only offered me replacement.

When the first replacement had the issue with the top trim they again, offered another replacement. This cracking of the handles is actually the second replacement!

Thanks for your suggestions of the Azur or Monogram due to its non-treated leather. I had originally thought to purchase Damier Ebene because it was darker coloured and therefore, I thought it would be easier to maintain. Obviously not...
Sorry you're having so many issues. If you get another replacement I say sell it and use the money towards something else. Or if they don't replace, I would still sell it and just mention the flaws.

Sorry you're having so many issues. If you get another replacement I say sell it and use the money towards something else. Or if they don't replace, I would still sell it and just mention the flaws.
Thanks for your suggestion. Believe it or not, I actually like my Damier Neverfull because other than the strap issues, it is a very practical bag.

Having said that, the strap issue is way too much drama! :nogood:

Thanks for your suggestion. Believe it or not, I actually like my Damier Neverfull because other than the strap issues, it is a very practical bag.

Having said that, the strap issue is way too much drama! :nogood:
Oh it's definitely at LVoely bag, but I stayed away from it because of those strap issues. But I never had any issues with my other damier bags, so it's definitely a design flaw.

I agree that the straps might be a bit too thin for the tote. Do the vachetta ones have the same issue? As for the top trim cracking open before I even got to use it, it does make me question their quality control.

I have a NF GM in DA. I don't believe the vachetta bags have this problem since the handles are untreated. Which is such a shame because I wanted a DE as well but just don't want to risk it. If they offer you another replacement, maybe ask for a different print since they are all the same cost?

I really wish they would fix this issue. I love this bag but would be so upset if it cracked on me.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
I wish they would fix this issue as well. People have been experiencing problems with the straps since the Damier Neverfull was first introduced so many years ago. It used to be the glaze on the straps peeling and cracking. Now it seems that it's the actual leather cracking. Take mine for example--the first had a crack on the top trim and the second, has numerous small cracks on the leather strap itself.

I have a NF GM in DA. I don't believe the vachetta bags have this problem since the handles are untreated. Which is such a shame because I wanted a DE as well but just don't want to risk it. If they offer you another replacement, maybe ask for a different print since they are all the same cost?
Thanks for your suggestion. I still haven't heard back from them yet. I only went to the store on Saturday and it's only Monday now.

If they offer me an exchange, I think I will have to pick another print since I don't want to have this happen yet again. This is already the second replacement bag that is falling apart.

However, if they only offer to replace the handles, then I will still have this same bag.