Second Chance Offer

Michy1215

O.G.
May 26, 2007
I wanted to know how second chance offers work. I have 2 of the same item. If I make 1 listing, can I sell it to the high bidder and also do a second chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder for the 2nd item? Is that allowed or do I have to make a separate auction?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.
Apr 11, 2008
NY
I think technically you have to do two, but realistically, if you sell one, and pay the fvf, and then do a 2nd chance, another fvf if they accept, and dont get a refund on the first fvf (which you would if the item wasn't paid for and you did a second chance). Ebay isn't out more than the listing fee...?

I think you can list as having more than one of the item though pretty easily.

skigirl73

Jun 20, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I wanted to know how second chance offers work. I have 2 of the same item. If I make 1 listing, can I sell it to the high bidder and also do a second chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder for the 2nd item? Is that allowed or do I have to make a separate auction?
You can do either one. The good thing about the 2nd chance offer is that you don't have to pay another listing fee. You do have to pay 2 fvf, but you would have to anyway if you did 2 separate auctions, or if you did an auction saying you had 2.

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
You can also do a dutch listing. I think its called that. Your listing says two items available and the two highest bidders win one each...