Second chance offer price?

Dec 11, 2012
Let's say I got 3 bidders on my auction. One person bid $18. The other person bid $30. The winner bid $31. The winner made a mistake and wants to back out of auction. Do I give a second chance offer of $30 to 2nd bidder or should it be $18.50 or $19?

sasquaty

O.G.
Oct 21, 2009
Outside of Boston
Let's say I got 3 bidders on my auction. One person bid $18. The other person bid $30. The winner bid $31. The winner made a mistake and wants to back out of auction. Do I give a second chance offer of $30 to 2nd bidder or should it be $18.50 or $19?
I am not sure if it has changed or not but last time I did it, when you click on who you are giving the second chance offer to it comes up with an amount already which would be the highest amount that particular person bid at that time. I don't believe I was able to change that amount but could have changed since I last did that.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
You need to look at the incremental (proxy) bids too. Chances are that if the second bidder's bid made the price jump to $30, the $18 bidder probably placed a bid of $29 but because the opening bid price was $18, the bid amount stayed there until it was outbid.

If you send a SCO, it would be for $30 to the second place bidder.