Seche Vite dry fast top coat

dreamgirl

dreamgirlh
Dec 18, 2006
Product name/shade: Seche Vite dry fast top coat

Review: Does make my two coats of polish dry superfast, but a day later my polish seemed to "bubble up" and just peel off in one big strip. I tried it 3x with different brands of polish each time with the same results. I was so hoping that this would work.

Price: $7.99

Will purchase again: No

Where to find it: got mine at CVS
f014_2.JPG

Reactions: Pinky011
Product name/shade: Seche Vite dry fast top coat

Review: Does make my two coats of polish dry superfast, but a day later my polish seemed to "bubble up" and just peel off in one big strip. I tried it 3x with different brands of polish each time with the same results. I was so hoping that this would work.

Price: $7.99

Will purchase again: No

Where to find it: got mine at CVS
f014_2.JPG

have you tried starting w/ a really good stickey base coat?? that may help:flowers:

have you tried starting w/ a really good stickey base coat?? that may help:flowers:
^ I agree, I did it first w/o stickey base coat and it did exactly what OP described (I had used OPI's ChipSkip with no help). I however have used it more lately but used Nail Tek's Foundation II and no peel (or atleast no peel until I wanted to peel it off and put a new color on) pre-emptive.

Typically, Seche Vite peels for two reasons: (1) you applied it too thickly or (2) you applied it to dry polish. Seche must be applied to wet polish and globbing it on seems to contribute to peeling for some reason.

I tried this after hearing so much about it, used it once and returned it. Didn't feel that it was up to par with my Sally Hansen Mega Shine (dries in 60 seconds)!

My manucurist uses this and I love it! Its much shinier than any topcoat I've ever used and once it dries, it kind of hardens the nail polish and makes it look smooth and kinda like gel.

I think I know whats going on - if you dont use a good base coat this can happen - the Seche Vite base coat is one of my faves. Also, if you dont apply this right away to wet nails, the top coat kind of lifts off. Best bet is using a good base though - this used to happen to me with every top coat until I discovered how important the base coat is.

^Perhaps using it with the same brand base coat is best.

When I tried it, I was using Rescue Beauty Lounge (which is a great brand) Base Prep and Coat. I also did apply the Seche Vite when the nail color wasn't fully dry...I think I read it in the directions.

I haven't experienced any issues regarding this top coat. It dries really fast!! That's what I love about it!

After reading this thread I'll be more observant of the Seche top coat. I'll have to try the Sally Hansen Mega Shine that Chipper shared. 60 Sec dry time is cool with me!! :biggrin:

i haaate seche. it is a terrible product with my nails, it NEVER cooperates. yes it dries quickly but it pulls the polish really bad. and it is incredibly thick despite copious amounts of nail polish thinner. definitely a never purcase again product

My mom owns a nail salon & she only uses Seche Vite... has been for years on. I too love SV! But I guess, like other products, just really depends on how you use it, when you use it & what you use it with.