Travel Seattle/Portland/Vancouver

bag happy

Just Happy
Nov 11, 2006
DH and I are flying to Seattle then driving to Vancouver for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We'd like to stay in a B&B in Seattle and we'll probably stay at the Four Seasons in Vancouver (heard it's lovely but open to other suggestions).

Any suggestions on where to stay/dine/do would really be appreciated! We enjoy dining, wining, and walking outdoors. TIA!

VPT

i ♥ blood oranges
May 16, 2008
Vancouver BC, I recommend Le Soleil Hotel it is a boutique hotel with excellent location. Smack in the city center, directly opposite the wharf, within walking distance to shopping areas, and surrounded by great eating places. You can't go wrong here, take a look at their spacious rooms and then their rates.

Also threads on these areas have been started recently in this forum, take a look at them:

Vancouver, BC - Thoughts or suggestions

Trip to the Pacific Northwest!

Pinkcaviar

O.G.
Feb 14, 2006
Congratulations on your anniversary! Vancouver is a great place to visit!

I've stayed at the Four Seasons in Vancouver in the regular suit and found the rooms to be a little older and smaller. But it's right inside a mall or connecting to it, which is an excellent location.

I would also highly recommand the Sheraton Hotel, also a great location, its very near Robson Street where you can go shopping! There are two towers and I don't rememeber which is which, but the the rooms where the main receptions desk/located are located has a more spacious accomadations.

There are lots of great resturants in downtown Vancouver where you're staying! Some of the ones I've tried;

Gotham - Great highend Steakhouse with good wine
Stephos - Casual Greek Resturant, big portions, good food and cheap prices
Glowbal Grill and Satay Bar - Higherend, Trendy place with delicious food! Banana Bread is yum!

And if you're a big fan of Ice Cream, you MUST try La Casa Gelato located a bit outside of downtown. There are over 200 plus flavours and they are delicious.

A great place to walk is definitely at Stanley Park. I would highly recommand renting a bike and going around Stanley Park on their trail to see the entire park. It takes about an hour and you pass the beaches, pools, ocean, etc. It's a great view!

PinkSuadeSoho

Princess Grace Ave
O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
www.discovervancouver.com
Sutton Place Hotel
Shearton Wall Centre
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (LV, Gucci and other great boutiques inside of hotel)
Opus Hotel

Pan Pacific has TDF views of the ocean and North Shore Mountains (easy access to the seabus to Lonsdale Quay,
http://www.fivestaralliance.com/lux...an_pacific_vancouver/gallery/810_0_panpac-vcu
javascript:fsaMapHList('/luxury_hotels/map/vancouver,_bc-pan_pacific_vancouver.html')
javascript:fsaMapHList('/luxury_hotels/map/vancouver,_bc-pan_pacific_vancouver.html')
Pan Pacific -Uniquely Located On Vancouvers Spectacular Harbourfront, Steps From Entertainment, Shopping And City Sights, The Pan Pacific Vancouver Offers Panoramic Views Of Rugged Mountains, Glimmering Skyscrapers And A Harbour Busy With Cruiseships And Sailboats, All Delivered To Your Bedside From Generous Picture Windows. These Astounding Vistas, Plus Elegant Sophistication And Unparalleled Five-diamond Service Wrapped In Friendly Canadian Hospitality Awaits You.

Wedgewood Hotel

Aug 27, 2006
I am not aware of any b&bs in Seattle, however, a couple of great hotels that are in the downtown area include:

The Alexis
http://www.alexishotel.com/

Inn at the Market
http://innatthemarket-px.trvlclick.com/

Mayflower Park (historic hotel)
http://www.mayflowerpark.com/

All of the above are walking distance to shopping, the Pike Place Market and GREAT dining - one of the things I love about Seattle is the variety of restaurants! You are visiting at the most beautiful time of the year in the Puget Sound. I hope you have a wonderful trip to celebrate your 2nd anniversary!

materialgurl

in a material world
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Welcome to Vancouver =)

We have great dining restaurants! What do you guys like to eat? For high end, WEST takes the title for best restaurant 3 years straight. Went there with my bf for our anniversary and food was amazing! FUEL is voted the best new high end restaurant. Right beside fuel is GASTROPOD, also very good high end food. They are both on west 4th avenue.

Check out Glowbal, Trattorria, Italian Kitchen, Gold Fish for more casual dining... not super casual like White spot, a bit more upscale than that..

If you guys are down for trying some Jap food, we have tons of izakayas (mini jap tapas) GUU, KINGYO, HAPA, GYOZA KING... that is if you guys are up for something new, its not traditional Japanese food. These places are always packed, basically the hottest thing in Vancouver!

Let me know what questions you have regarding food! My bf and I basically go out to eat every night so we've tried a lot of things before.

guccigirl2000

*Designer*Diva*
O.G.
Feb 22, 2006
Congrats on your anniversary!

For Vancouver, I have stayed at the Four Seasons and while the hotel is a bit older its still a great hotel. The location is great and they just renovated their main floor so the restaurants look amazing.

I was just in Vancouver this weekend and stayed at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver which I really liked. I have also stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront but I found it was a bit of a walk from central downtown.

Virginia

Happiness
O.G.
Sep 21, 2005
Hey, these are my plans exactly in about 2 1/2 weeks! I'm going over to Vancouver for my cousins wedding. Can anyone tell me how the weather will be like first week of September and also about how long the drive is from Seattle to Vancouver?

TIA!

PinkSuadeSoho

Princess Grace Ave
O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Weather is hard to predict. We are on a heat stretch for the past several days. It could be as pleasant as 70ish or up in the 90's. I haven't seen the weather channel but you can look online for the next 14 days forcast available for the local Vancouver pattern. The drive is roughly a 3 hour drive depending on where in Seattle you are coming from and where you end up in Vancouver. It can be done in under 3 if you are driving at an hour where traffic is light. Enjoy your stay! Have fun.

lithiumpearl

Mar 23, 2007
Seattle hotels: Paramount, Hotel Monaco, Hotel Andra, W Hotel, Hotel 1000, Alexis Hotel -- all are in downtown Seattle so you can walk to shop/dine.

Seattle eats:
Prepare to gorge yourself on seafood since there will be plenty of it at Pike Place and all along the Waterfront -- you will definitely have to check out the Crab Pot on the waterfront. Downtown Seattle has both Ruth Chris and Morton's Steakhouse!

Seattle shopping: the shopping area in downtown Seattle is pretty concentrated, so you can access huge departments stores and malls (Nordstrom headquarters, Pacific Place) as well as charming boutiques (TBC, Sway & Cake, Mario's) all within five or six blocks of each other. If you rent a car or get a cab, you will definitely need to check out Bellevue Square for some great shopping as well.