Season's Orange Greetings! Holiday gift giving support

jmzr22

O.G.
Sep 3, 2007
Anybody else giving the gift of the orange box to their loved ones this year?? Share them here! Need advice? Item ideas?

Today I wandered into the Sydney store thinking I'd walk out with a Liverpool tie for my partner, but instead went all out for the whole family :smile:

All bar the Plume stole I am certain will be loved, as it may be little to fragile for my mother. The colour she will love, though ;)

Younger sister (10yo) Ulysse PM Notebook with unlined paper insert in orange togo
Younger brother (25 yo) Felt travel tray in orange
Father (60yo) In the pocket metre measuring tape in natural barenia
Mother (54yo) Plume feather light 200x100cm cashmere and silk scarf in ‘Aubergine’

Last edited:
I think you did pretty darned good! I would never think of the measuring tape from Hermes, but that would be perfect for my dad or brother.

No H for my family this year, but you are giving me ideas...

DH is getting a cashmere/silk scarf that is gray on one side, black on the other. Big shout out of thanks to Jane at the Bellevue, WA boutique who found it.

The men in my life will be getting H ties for Christmas. Except for DS as he is turning 4 and hates ties!

Excellent! Wait until he's a little older, then he may start appreciating them :smile: I bought my little sister her first H tie about two years ago, and her ties tend to be the first thing she reaches for when getting dressed up for an 'occasion'.

Wow, you are a nice daughter! I am sure they will be thrilled.

Perhaps, but I think I'm a nicer son :smile: Thank you, I've a feeling they'll all love their gifts. I'm especially excited about my father's gift as there isn't really a tradition of gift-giving in our relationship, and I'd really like this gift (his first H item - my father is a builder) to mean a lot to him.

jmzr22 Did you buy something for yourself? ;)

I didn't! I had to restrain myself from buying beautiful little wallet a few weeks ago. I don't know the name of the style, but it's small boxy card holder/wallet that unfolds like an acordion. Goatskin, if I recall, in black, with a single black snap button, and very, very supple. I'm heading to Hong Kong for a week in March at the end of a 3 week Thailand island jaunt, and want to save every penny I have for the eight Hermes stores there!

Did you buy yourself anything, lucywife? :smile:

I'm surprised orange box giving was so light this year in the forum :-/

Perhaps, but I think I'm a nicer son :smile: Thank you, I've a feeling they'll all love their gifts. I'm especially excited about my father's gift as there isn't really a tradition of gift-giving in our relationship, and I'd really like this gift (his first H item - my father is a builder) to mean a lot to him.

Oops sorry, I shouldn't assume!

The men in my life will be getting H ties for Christmas. Except for DS as he is turning 4 and hates ties!

A few years ago I bought two silver Pavois scarves and had the second one made into ties for my husband and children. The boys were really little then, but loved matching their dad at formal events! Plus I wore my scarf as a shawl to match as well.