Seasonal Flap in Iridescent Calfskin-PLEASE advise!

May 10, 2012
Hi ladies,

Just found this. It's the Chic Quilt in iridescent calfskin. Looks like a nice, roomy, everyday bag. Slouchy, which I prefer, versus structured like the classics. I'm not familiar with iridescent calf but the bag itself looks casual yet elegant with the Chanel cc gold clasp, which is the look I'm going for as a stay at home mom. What do you think?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 487
It's my mom's favorite everyday bag ;)

It's pretty light, very roomy, easy to wear.

Plus the usual Chanel chains hurt her shoulders and this one has a leather part which makes it much more comfortable.

Really? Iridescent calfskin? I just saw so many threads saying its fragile and corners get rubbed, color transfer etc. how is yours holding up?

Mine is metallic calfskin-not sure if that is the same. I have the small accordian tote and it looks like it did when I brought it home 6 months ago.

hello,
are you buying this because you love it 100% ? Or because it is on sale or gift card event?
There is a reason they are marking them down. It is an older style bag , they do not even show them, but are in stock rooms.
I used to go crazy at sales for Chanel. Buy everything because Chanel never went on sale. But it is still a lot of $$$.

This bag will show wear quick as it is a type of soft sueded material. But buy it if you love it and have been looking for it go for it, not because of sale. GL :smile:

hello,
are you buying this because you love it 100% ? Or because it is on sale or gift card event?
There is a reason they are marking them down. It is an older style bag , they do not even show them, but are in stock rooms.
I used to go crazy at sales for Chanel. Buy everything because Chanel never went on sale. But it is still a lot of $$$.

This bag will show wear quick as it is a type of soft sueded material. But buy it if you love it and have been looking for it go for it, not because of sale. GL :smile:

Thanks for the great advice. I really like the bag. But since I need a durable everyday bag, I'm going to pass on it. You are right about the sueded material-I called Chanel boutique and asked them. They admitted it was less durable and shouldn't get wet. It can't be cleaned either.