Hardware doesn't match - chain and CC different gold?

jk777

Dec 24, 2021
So I just picked up the seasonal beige for 22A which is a dark beige almost taupe color. I am so happy with the bag color and caviar quality this season. The grains are small, the leather sparkles, and the caviar leather is nice and soft/buttery. One question though, it seems that the gold on the chain is a bit more yellow than the CC closure in some lighting. Can that be somewhat normal? The CC closure looks almost silvery gold while the chain can look a bit yellow gold but still a champagne gold. I looked at two more other ones in the store of the same bag and it looks like they had the same difference. Should I be worried? Would Chanel do a “repair” for me for free to make the chain and CC the exact same gold tone?

Thanks in advance! If anyone else has the 22A beige classic flap, let me know if you see the same difference. I posted a few photos in different lighting.

IMG_9328.jpeg

IMG_9327.jpeg

IMG_9326.jpeg

IMG_9291 3.jpeg

I'm thinking the same. I don't want to go without this bag (end of 22A at this point), so I think I will just live with this imperfection unless my SA tells me they have another one coming, then I'll exchange but at this point, it doesn't seem to be a defect, just a slight imperfection which I can live with.

Are you both keeping the bags as-is with these "imperfections"? I think I've decided to keep mine as I don't want to go without this bag as otherwise it's literally perfect...
I’m actually not keeping mine for a different reason: crooked flap, haha. Fortunately my boutique is getting two more I can choose from. If it was just the chain, I’d probably keep it if there wasn’t another option since it’s my holy grail color.

My dark beige small has the same hw color variation, though it wasn't noticeable to me until I saw a few posts on the subject. It doesn't bother me personally, esp considering there are no alternatives due to it being a seasonal color and only a handful of units being available. I would return over construction issues / alignment / stitching / scuffs though. There's always something with these damn bags, so at this point it's about picking the one with the variations you can live with.

Last edited:
Are you both keeping the bags as-is with these "imperfections"? I think I've decided to keep mine as I don't want to go without this bag as otherwise it's literally perfect...
I will probably keep it as I really love the shade of pink this season and the bag otherwise looks good to me (no structural issues etc)

Last edited:
Here is my 22A small classic flap. Totally different hardware. Besides that, the bag is perfect. Still returning though. I just can’t justify the price anymore as the chain looks so dingy and almost garnished compared to the CC lock. Sigh!
Wait, what colour was the HW supposed to be?

Your photos make me think of "the dress," is it blue or white? But in this case SHW or GHW...:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Fashionique
Here is my 22A small classic flap. Totally different hardware. Besides that, the bag is perfect. Still returning though. I just can’t justify the price anymore as the chain looks so dingy and almost garnished compared to the CC lock. Sigh!

View attachment 5564785

View attachment 5564819
What is going on Chanel?!! If this were mine it would be going back too. Sigh.

Wait, what colour was the HW supposed to be?

Your photos make me think of "the dress," is it blue or white? But in this case SHW or GHW...:eek:
The tag says Gold M. The SA told my husband is was light gold hardware. The CC definitely has gold hints and is a true light gold, but the chain is much more saturated in color! When I compared the chain to my black classic flap with ghw, the pink bag looked so much more tarnished and satin versus high polish. So frustrating!

• Wow
Reactions: protein_
The tag says Gold M. The SA told my husband is was light gold hardware. The CC definitely has gold hints and is a true light gold, but the chain is much more saturated in color! When I compared the chain to my black classic flap with ghw, the pink bag looked so much more tarnished and satin versus high polish. So frustrating!
This is exactly how my 22B light pink looks. I wonder if all the seasonal flaps are like this.