Season 2 of the Millionaire Matchmaker

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
The Matchmaker Returns!
Stay tuned for the Season 2 premiere, Feb 12 @ 10/9c!

Does anyone watch this? I am a self-admitted reality show junkie, but I only watch this one when I'm bored:Push:

I sneak a peek once in a while.. Im curious to see this Millionairess.. shes cute, why cant she find a man... where did she get her money from, a divorce maybe.. is she that nuts??

I've had this on in the background before - the matchmaker (Patti? great - there's more useless junk taking up space in my brain!) is pretty annoying. Plus, she herself is single.

The premise itself is strange. It seems these men want to attract gold diggers by proclaiming themselves millionaires who want to finally settle down. Why not just go after a quality match without proclaiming your net worth? It's odd. Maybe it's just honest. I don't know. I just can't imagine being on either side of this equation.

Patty wasn't single last season:confused1:
I don't care about them labeling the guys as millionaires. "Millionaire" isn't impressive anymore and the guys are getting what they want as well.:shrugs:
I don't love the show because the guys and their prospects are pretty dull.

The premise itself is strange. It seems these men want to attract gold diggers by proclaiming themselves millionaires who want to finally settle down. Why not just go after a quality match without proclaiming your net worth? It's odd. Maybe it's just honest. I don't know. I just can't imagine being on either side of this equation.
Honestly, I think that if they weren't proclaiming they were millionaires, we wouldn't be seeing these young and good looking ladies on the show, and men want eye candy. But that's just IMO.

And Patti DID say she has/had a boyfriend while filming the first season. I'm not sure if they're still together, and we never got to see him on camera.

I think the reason why these men allow themselves to be labeled as "millionaires" is because for the kind of lifestyle they can offer a woman, they want a girl who is very attractive and who would normally be considered out of their "league." People are initially attracted to each other for all sorts of superficial reasons, and wealth is just one superficial factor. These men are just being up front about their desirability as any physically attractive man would be.